Red Stone on West Street

uncle.albert

Fair enough, maybe I should've stayed longer - but I was at least expecting SOME student-aged people there and not ALL original-happy-mondays-fans (40's) kind of age people...

I hope nobody thinks I'm being ageist but there wasn't exactly an age mix in there...I was hoping to at least have someone my age (mid-20's) to talk to

Fair enough, maybe I should've stayed longer - but I was at least expecting SOME student-aged people there and not ALL original-happy-mondays-fans (40's) kind of age people...

Hey! I'm only 24 :o

:loopy::loopy::loopy: everyone on this thread is wanting more indie and a different night out to whats on offer everywhere else ,Listen to the people and do what you set out to do.. stick at it and the people will come NO MORE R&B CHEESEY POP AND CHART CRAP !

Hasn't the bar already tried it? They can't bet the future of their business on the opinion of 8 people on an internet forum.

They've obviously tried the indie music but didn't attract the crowds.

Unfortunately, I personally think that this bar is just in the wrong location which would explain why it has had so many tenants.

Hasn't the bar already tried it? They can't bet the future of their business on the opinion of 8 people on an internet forum.

They've obviously tried the indie music but didn't attract the crowds.

Unfortunately, I personally think that this bar is just in the wrong location which would explain why it has had so many tenants.

Yet the view of 1 person (you) is right?

:rolleyes:

i was delighted when i saw this was opening as an indie bar and have been in neally every week since it opened , i know its been quite dead but still went becasue of the music, i went in last saturday to hear all the other rubbish music you hear on west street. cant see me going back

• 2 weeks later...

This is honestly one of the worse bars in town. Definately not 'indie' get your drinks in plastic cups, theres no nice selection of drinks just every colour of alcopop going! Only rum they sell is bacardi. I went last saturday and it was like a youth club, and im not too old myself. Music policy is dreadful... definately fits in to the part of town its in. I was looking forward to this opening so disappointing!

This is honestly one of the worse bars in town. Definately not 'indie' get your drinks in plastic cups, theres no nice selection of drinks just every colour of alcopop going! Only rum they sell is bacardi. I went last saturday and it was like a youth club, and im not too old myself. Music policy is dreadful... definately fits in to the part of town its in. I was looking forward to this opening so disappointing!

That part of town is really horrific, and has been for a while.

I think its in the wrong place to succeed if they play anything other than the stuff that gets played in Players Bar because its where all the Player Bar customers seem to think is the best part of town. Look at the likes of Walkabout, Bedroom Bar, Reflex and you'll see what I mean.

Archived