Ebay advice needed

right i purchased an item in nov 2010,from italy,the item came,and it wasnt suitable

i contacted the seller direct,in dec how said yes return the item and il refund you,

so i sent the item back via royal mail tracking,i gave him the tracking number,he said it had arrived and i could expect a refund in 24/48hrs,

since then nothing its been a month now and loads of emails no replies,iv tried to ask paypal for help to be told its over 45days so nothing they can do,

tried ebay resolution centre and spoke to them,

told to contact the seller via phone,nothing they can do,

iv sent another email both in english and itailian,

and advice apart from the obv dont buy out of uk

Unfortunately, sad as it is, that's the rules. You should've acted a bit quicker with paypal, they can refund instantly on paypal so not sure what the 24/48hrs is about?

I sold an item a while back and buyer said it never arrived, I gave a refund and then a few months later out of curiosity they had same item for sale, I contacted paypal and they said the same to me.

Pearl of wisdom with eBay and/or Paypal in the OP's situation: always file the dispute first (even if the seller has agreed this-that-the other in messages etc.), then cancel the dispute once the outcome is satisfactory.

Think of it as 'incentivising' the seller to address the issue/send the refund promptly ;) (...and before the flaming starts, I do sell bits on eBay every month or so).

At any rate, you should always diary the 45 days time limit if there is an issue with the item, and file the dispute within that time limit regardless if things are not fully sorted by that deadline (i.e. faulty good returned, refund obtained).

What does the seller's feedback look like?

Is he supposed to be refunding to your paypal account?

he has great feedback,i did contact a buyer on his feedback who said they had also had to return an item,

they told me they did have to push but did get a refund in the end,

yes refunding via paypal,thats how he refunded the other person,

they told me they did have to push but did get a refund in the end,

yes refunding via paypal,thats how he refunded the other person,

Ok well that's something at least. Keep pushing him. Send him reminder every two days.

The best (or worst - for him) you could possibly do at this point is to leave him a negative feedback. But this is something sellers hate the most, as its spoils their reputation.

In your next message to the seller, you can try telling him that this is your last message, following whch you will leave negative feedback and contact PayPal. Who knows - that might do the trick!

Archived