Waking up in the morning HELP

Is he a snorer ? Is he overweight ? Does he feel tired all day ?

As has already been mentioned. if he is a snorer or/and suffers with sleep apnoea then he probably isn't getting a proper nights sleep and may need help from his GP.

Hi my son has always had trouble getting up, he is now nearly 21, 3 alarm clocks phones everthing but it just dosn't even disturb him. The wind up alarm clock gose of and winds down before he even notices, the door alarm nothing wakes him up. I have to go and shout 5 ten times then he drops back to sleep, he is on last warning at job.Is he just lazy or maybe health issue !!!

Anyone same / or solved the problem

My sister used to be like this. My mother was a human snooze-alarm - running up and down stairs every 5 mins till she got up. When sister moved out mum worried that she'd never get up for work. When it was down to her to get herself up she managed it and was rarely late.

My son had a similar problem. From being 13 he used to fight against going to sleep and stay up watching tv. He lost his job twice because of overlaying and we stopped trying to get him up in the end. Eventually he got a night job and that worked perfect for him. He now has a 9-5 job, goes to bed on time and gets up on time, he needs this job as before he couldn't be bothered if he got the sack. The love of a good woman might sort him out.

I've got a Phillips light alarm clock which helps me to wake up. The light comes on dimly and the brightness builds up slowly over 10 minutes before the alarm (which I've got set on radio 2) goes off. I've set the light to be very bright. Even in summer having the light come on helps.

Either way, he's old enough to get it sorted himself. You don't need to be looking after your adult son because he cant get out of bed in the morning. The best thing for him to do would be to sort himself out and stop relying on others. If he misses work and gets sacked then he's only got himself to blame for not getting the problem sorted out sooner.

He's a grown man, it's his life he needs to deal with it.

Archived