How big a fine will I get ?

Hang on a minute Mansfield is in Notts as is Nottingham. Where do the Derbyshire lads come in? If the ticket was from a mobile Derbys patrol might be worth pointing out that they were out of their patch. Don't know if it will make a difference but clutching at straws is better than 3 points.

As a rule of thumb it used to be generally accepted that 7-14 mph over the limit was £60+ 3 points, 15 mph and above was a summons to appear, and 30+ was goodbye license.

Things might have changed a bit nowadays though

Hang on a minute Mansfield is in Notts as is Nottingham. Where do the Derbyshire lads come in? If the ticket was from a mobile Derbys patrol might be worth pointing out that they were out of their patch. Don't know if it will make a difference but clutching at straws is better than 3 points.

As a rule of thumb it used to be generally accepted that 7-14 mph over the limit was £60+ 3 points, 15 mph and above was a summons to appear, and 30+ was goodbye license.Things might have changed a bit nowadays though

Unless you are rich and can afford Mr Loophole who gets all the celebrities off.

Similar bit of road near me, not even the chance of an animal crossing and the speed limit is 30 mph.

Couple miles further on single track undulating road hairpin bends and no definable apron, National Speed Limit !!!

... Which is self-regulating i.e. It would take a special idiot to try and drive at nsl - it's not a target, as they say.

If it’s a first offence you might get the “training” option, then again it could be £60 and 3 points.

The training courses are only offered to those considered to be "marginally over the limit" (36, 37, 38, 39 in a 30, say) - a bigger margin than that and you are considered "beyond the pale" and unlikely to benefit from (or be deserving of) the course.

I know I'm going to get some abuse from some on here, but I was wondering what my fine is going to be.

55mph in a 40 zone. A617 between Mansfield and Nottingham. Letter is from Derbyshire police.

£60 sp30 standard fine and 3 points. you only go to court if you are 20 mph or more over the limit. but you will be hit by the insurance company.

:(

The training courses are only offered to those considered to be "marginally over the limit" (36, 37, 38, 39 in a 30, say) - a bigger margin than that and you are considered "beyond the pale" and unlikely to benefit from (or be deserving of) the course.

You can only go on a speed awareness course if you are only up to 2mph above the 10% allowance of the speed limit, eg if its a 40 mph zone and you are doing 45 you may be offered the course. it is not run by all police area's and prices have gone up some what. but it keeps the points off your license.

This is correct

You can only go on a speed awareness course if you are only up to 2mph above the 10% allowance of the speed limit, eg if its a 40 mph zone and you are doing 45 you may be offered the course. it is not run by all police area's and prices have gone up some what. but it keeps the points off your license.

This is wrong,I have done one for 39 in a 30.

This was S.Yorks different Areas different criteria.It was recently reported that Dorset were operating a zero toleration policy for all traffic offences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12179160

Archived