How big a fine will I get ?

Training option won't be an option.

I've just done one of those (35 in a 30 limit). They are only offered for folks who are between 4 and 7 mph above limit. By the way the price went up to £85 on Dec 1st.

There were a total of 88 people on the course that day. Highest speed was 36 in 30 limit.

So fine and points is only option. Probably £60 and 3 points if you are lucky, £90 and 3 points if you aren't.

The band of speeds which can end up with the driver being offered the option of a course has been extended to 35-42 in 30 zones (and similar bands in the higher limited zones.)

I didnt pay though ... sent my licence off to get my addressed changed and when it came back the points had been cleared :)

I haven't had mine cleared either - I'm waiting until my 10 years are up and I have to renew my licence then they will get cleared at that time. Not paying twice!!!

me too :(...that was 5 year ago, the points have been cleared now though, think after 3 years you can have them removed, you have to pay though :roll:

Think you will find that they lose effect after 3 years but stay on the license for 4. Recently moved and one that was 3 years 6 months old carried over to my new address.

The AA run the scheme?

The AA run some of the courses which you can attend; other companies run courses in other areas.

I don't know who runs the scheme overall; probably a government department. I dare say the AA turn a profit on providing the course, but I doubt that the government has decided to give more people the course option just so that the AA can feather its nest.

Archived