How big a fine will I get ?

The AA run some of the courses which you can attend; other companies run courses in other areas.

I don't know who runs the scheme overall; probably a government department. I dare say the AA turn a profit on providing the course, but I doubt that the government has decided to give more people the course option just so that the AA can feather its nest.

The AA can do one. A totally con operation in my book.

Well, you can choose in which area you attend the course. If I remember aright, the AA runs the course in Derbyshire, but not here in Sheffield. (My speeding offence was in Derbyshire but I took the course here.)

Why on earth do the AA do this? Apart from the money. I think the AA are now some massive corp who pretend to be in the motorists interest, but, from this and other stuff, are just a bunch of freeloading ****.

Why on earth do the AA do this? Apart from the money. I think the AA are now some massive corp who pretend to be in the motorists interest, but, from this and other stuff, are just a bunch of freeloading ****.

No.

The AA run the courses because you are far more likely to kill someone at speeds above 30 mph.

Not on a country road.

Even on a country road; there might be someone coming the other thinking the same thing, and his car might crush yours.

Why do the AA run the course? Well, "to make money" is the obvious reason, but it also chimes with their desire to see motorists be good motorists.

Even on a country road; there might be someone coming the other thinking the same thing, and his car might crush yours.

Why do the AA run the course? Well, "to make money" is the obvious reason, but it also chimes with their desire to see motorists be good motorists.

I agree, but the AA are rip off now. See that berk Kelvin Mackenzie. Whatever his name his, ex Sun editor. He wrote a good piece on The AA.

It's a profitable operation for the AA, who run the scheme.

It depends on the police force area. Around here, in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire AA-Drivetech run the courses for the Police. In South Yorkshire, TTC won the contract.

AA only got the business when they bought up Drivetech.

(incidentally, Acromas Group of companies own AA and, most recently, the troubled BSM!)

Archived