Should Anarchists eat croissants?

Should anarchists eat croissants?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should anarchists eat croissants?

• Yes, of course. They are humans and have needs just like anybody else does
    • No, they should fight against the capitalist croissant industry and not eat their bourgeois goods

I just wondered whether a punk rock bad lad anarchist would be considered a bourgeois middle class sell out if he had croissants for breakfast?

Should he eat gruel, dried bread or just make do with a pint of snakebite and a spliff?

Would his anarchist friends mock him for his penchant for the French patisserie or would they toast his good fortune and wish him well in his upwardly mobile venture?

Just a bit of fun.

I just wondered whether a punk rock bad lad anarchist would be considered a bourgeois middle class sell out if he had croissants for breakfast?

Should he eat gruel, dried bread or just make do with a pint of snakebite and a spliff?

Would his anarchist friends mock him for his penchant for the French patisserie or would they toast his good fortune and wish him well in his upwardly mobile venture?

Just a bit of fun.

It isn't the croissant bit that is the worry. After all, Artisanal French bakery products should be the domain of the working man too.

I'd be much more worried about an anarcho-punk rising early enough to require breakfast in the first place.

Most of the hardcore punks I know are actually pacifist vegans. They don't succumb

to the anarchist punk 'fashion'- so they pretty much eat what they want. Their mantra is more 'question what they teach and don't listen to what they preach' and form their own opinions based on their experirnces rather what the media feed them.

Archived