Should Anarchists eat croissants?

Should anarchists eat croissants?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should anarchists eat croissants?

• Yes, of course. They are humans and have needs just like anybody else does
    • No, they should fight against the capitalist croissant industry and not eat their bourgeois goods

No self respecting Englishman should even think of eating a croissant for breakfast. It's a Gallic thing. That's what did Napolean in at Waterloo. While his soldiers nibbled on croissants Wellington's men scoffed down bacon, eggs, kippers , bread and dripping and Marmite on toast

As Wellington's mum once told him "Arthur, if your going out to slaughter the enemy at least have a solid breakfast and avoid those sissy croisssants for heavens sake"

Can't anarchists make their own croissants?

Most people think of anarchists as advocating well... anarchy, but that's a rather superficial point of view.

Anarchism is a political philosophy which considers the state undesirable, unnecessary, and harmful, and instead promotes a stateless society, or anarchy.

Now the state and capitalism aren't the same thing (although it may seem like it given our penchant for bailing out failing private companies).

So yes, anarchists can buy croissants with a clear conscience.

I remember all the hippies and anti-establishment types in the 1960s, head shops, head bands, drop out, turn on blah blah blah.

Now they're all middle aged men worrying about their pension investments and cholesterol levels

It was all <REMOVED> looking back to those days

I want my anarchists to be focussed !

If it means that they are munching on a croissant or sucking on some mouldy dry bread, I don't care, as long as they have either stolen it or done a bit of skip/bin diving (don't see this as theft).

If an anarchist is happy chomping on their croissant or pain au chocolat ( my pastry of choice mmmmmm) is it going to make them less of an anarchist ? I don't think we have had a definitive answer yet.

Can we have a happy anarchist or because of their calling we are demanding that they should be tortured and not enjoy the taste of butter rich pastries ?

Perhaps they are avoiding them because they are watching their cholesterol;).

Archived