I'm going it alone..

After 2 happy years together and 4 unhappy years of marriage I've made the decision to separate from my husband.

I haven't been on my own for almost 10 years and the thought is terrifying me :suspect:

I'm moving out in a couple of weeks and everything is amicable with regards to our little boy who is 2. I'm moving literally 2 mins away so he can have him and see him as much as he wants.

I've talked to Noah and told him that mummy and daddy are going to live in separate houses but we love him very much his response was "Spongebob Square Pants rocks" :hihi:

I don't know whether I'm best trying to talk to him again or is he too young?, do I move out and just answer questions as and when they arise? One thing me and the ex have said is that we will be as honest as we possibly can with him.

I never thought I would EVER be in this situation and always thought to myself that I would know how best to handle it :confused: apparently that isn't the case :(

My mum and dad stayed together till me and my brother were older and we hated seeing them argue all the time. I have now decided that my DS is better to come from a broken home than live in one!

Is there anybody going through a similar situation?!

Just remember, you can be alone, but not be lonely.:)

Not sure your need to tell everyone on the forum but I guess you have your own personal reasons, which is ok. Be careful though because SF is no different to any other site, there are those that may see this as an advantage through what they may see as your vulnerability. Be careful of Pm's, offers of help etc. May sound cynical but after all it's the internet.

You may be experiencing fear of the unknown but once you move apart it'll feel like you've just shed 20kilos of iron shackles. Best wishes.

Not sure your need to tell everyone on the forum but I guess you have your own personal reasons, which is ok. Be careful though because SF is no different to any other site, there are those that may see this as an advantage through what they may see as your vulnerability. Be careful of Pm's, offers of help etc. May sound cynical but after all it's the internet.

You may be experiencing fear of the unknown but once you move apart it'll feel like you've just shed 20kilos of iron shackles. Best wishes.

Tell everyone on the Forum what Skinz?? That I'm going it alone or that my ex is a cheating tart? lol

I already feel like I have shed a massive amount of weight off of my shoulders just from making the decision to leave and sort out somewhere to live :)

That's not very nice.

Anyway Raychul for every bad poster there is at least 3 good ones on here and the great thing is I'm sure you'll find someone you can talk to if it gets too much. I did click your Facebook link but it dont work.

All the best!

I've shut my facebook down temporarily so people cant get involved :)

Tell everyone on the Forum what Skinz?? That I'm going it alone or that my ex is a cheating tart? lol

I already feel like I have shed a massive amount of weight off of my shoulders just from making the decision to leave and sort out somewhere to live :)

That's the first part. Then the ongoing care kicks in.

Archived