BBC Biased, Goverment Paid Propaganda !

More BBC propaganda happy afganistan

14/04/11. Women , weddings , war and me .

Tells how women rights were Oppressed under the Taliban and how the sacrifice of our soliders and money has helped them . Only problem is French are now removing womens rights !

I didn't know the BBC were French.

Not that they haven't reported the burka ban in France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13031397

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/gavinhewitt/2011/04/banning_the_burka.html

and many more.

Yes - we are well aware that the BBC is funded by the taxpayer.

Now what on earth has reporting on the plight of Afghan women under the Taliban and the plight French women banned from wearing the burka got to do with "BBC propaganda".

I didn't know the BBC were French.

Not that they haven't reported the burka ban in France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13031397

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/gavinhewitt/2011/04/banning_the_burka.html

and many more.

Langol i did not imply the BBC did not report the French burka ban , I am just pointing out the fact the both the Taliban and french Government both impose on womens rights .

The BBC relies on the Goverment for it's existence ,*

The Goverment even decides were BBC should air , ( evident by the sponsorship of BBC Iran . Would you critique your boss or call him a liar ? No you would probley carry on working with him,*

We are taking about a brutal dictatorship here ! Not some Tom dick or larry!Mubarak is a western stoughe , hence why he gets billions , weapons etc

Western media are always careful not to critize or cover too extensively regimes such as mubaraks !

Example : no one even battere a eye lid when saddam launched war against Iran , or when he gassed his own people ! Why cuz he is a puppet dictator !

batterd eyelids have been banned since the shah's rule ,don't you know anything?.....btw its harry:roll:

How many times did western Governments condemn his 40 years of tyranny ?

They instead awarded him with massive military aid and Massive financial aid ,

Guess if you gona be a tyrant or dictator best be a western backed tyrant or dictator ?!

I actually agree with you here. Western governments did do this and continue to do this kind of thing with other regimes, and it is shameful.

But what is a mistake is your insistence that the BBC is pro-Mubarak rather than, as I said, not-anti-Mubarak (at least publicly).

The BBC is publicly funded, because it is a public service. This is a good thing, and I don't want to lose it. But it's operations and governance are completely independent.

I actually agree with you here. Western governments did do this and continue to do this kind of thing with other regimes, and it is shameful.

But what is a mistake is your insistence that the BBC is pro-Mubarak rather than, as I said, not-anti-Mubarak (at least publicly).

The BBC is publicly funded, because it is a public service. This is a good thing, and I don't want to lose it. But it's operations and governance are completely independent.

How can the BBC be independent if it relies on the Goverment for it's funding ?

How can you call it independent when it has been given millions by the gov to broadcast into a nation Which are considered hostile ?

How on earth can you consider that independent ?

On another note just to be clear other news outlets can be cosidered bias ? Ie CNN fox MBNC sky etc ? Or do you consider them fair and balanced like BBC ?

How can the BBC be independent if it relies on the Goverment for it's funding ?

How can you call it independent when it has been given millions by the gov to broadcast into a nation Which are considered hostile ?

How on earth can you consider that independent ?

On another note just to be clear other news outlets can be cosidered bias ? Ie CNN fox MBNC sky etc ? Or do you consider them fair and balanced like BBC ?

Well, on your very own criterion then in that case both the government and the BBC are your mouthpiece since they rely on taxes for funding.

It's really very straightforward: the BBC gets given the money and then it chooses how to spend it (ie. not the government). Oversight is applied not by the government but by the BBC trust.

I never said anything about fairness and balance - it's you whose invoked those. Of course there's bias in CNN, Fox, MBNC (whoever they are!), Sky and yes the BBC but that's got nothing to do with the government - it's just a result of them being governed and utilising people in their employ (would you assert that you are not biased?). Your argument is that the government is pro-Mubarak (which I don't even think it is anymore), therefore the BBC is pro-Mubarak - which there is simply no logical (or truthful) basis for.

Well, on your very own criterion then in that case both the government and the BBC are your mouthpiece since they rely on taxes for funding.

It's really very straightforward: the BBC gets given the money and then it chooses how to spend it (ie. not the government). Oversight is applied not by the government but by the BBC trust.

I never said anything about fairness and balance - it's you whose invoked those. Of course there's bias in CNN, Fox, MBNC (whoever they are!), Sky and yes the BBC but that's got nothing to do with the government - it's just a result of them being governed and utilising people in their employ (would you assert that you are not biased?). Your argument is that the government is pro-Mubarak (which I don't even think it is anymore), therefore the BBC is pro-Mubarak - which there is simply no logical (or truthful) basis for.

if western Governments supported backed Mubarak , ( TRUE ) western media would also be less critical of him ( agree ? )

if western Governments supported backed Mubarak , ( TRUE ) western media would also be less critical of him ( agree ? )

I don't really understand your strangely worded question.

Do you mean if western governments stopped backing Mubarak?

If so, then for one thing they have done, so the premise is wrong.

Secondly, the implied conclusion is completely spurious. There's no knowing one way or another what the effect would be. Media outlets are critical all the time of the governments of their countries, and that includes foreign policy.

Archived