America rules the world..

Don't disagree with you re: what you can do, and agree that many UK people use their passport to get pi**ed on a Mediteranean Island. Superiority doesn't come into it. I go to foreign places to soak up their culture and learn from them. Not sure about your last sentance though, even though history is important it is not the be all and end all.

S I could say that you can get the same differences in climatic conditions going across Europe.

you could if you wanted to, but unfortunately for you, you'd just be wrong. There's no deserts in Europe and there's no tropical climate anywhere in it like there is in Florida and Hawaii. There's no or hardly any cyclones and hurricanes. And that's just for starters.

Think I'll miss out on the cyclones and hurricanes thanks. Was in Miami when Andrew came and we evacuted north.

Likewise not sure I am too keen on desserts although wouldn't mind the odd bit of tropical.

If you've ever driven a stretch of the New Mexico desert when the flowers are in bloom and seen the way the sun casts it's shadows on the mountains and canyons creating a wonderful variety of colors and then looked up and spotted an eagle gliding on the wind in the distance with not another car to be seen on the highway as far as the eye can see then you've experienced nature at it's best.

If you've ever driven a stretch of the New Mexico desert when the flowers are in bloom and seen the way the sun casts it's shadows on the mountains and canyons creating a wonderful variety of colors and then looked up and spotted an eagle gliding on the wind in the distance with not another car to be seen on the highway as far as the eye can see then you've experienced nature at it's best.

Nah, I have to disagree. There are much more impressive places in Europe where you can observe nature at it's very best :)

Nah, I have to disagree. There are much more impressive places in Europe where you can observe nature at it's very best :)
[/b

Hyde Park on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Couples humping under blankets ? :hihi:

Seriously it's all down to individually what we call nature at it's best. I dont doubt there are places in Europe that are wonderful to visit but there is always a villlage, people and traffic around every bend. You cant escape from the world in Europe

Give me the Colorado or the Canadian Rockies any day of the week when there are times when you think you're the only one left

Just listen to Bounce and other extremists on here, their begging for the Islamic Brotherhood to take power and attack Israel!

Take a deep breath and read the above sentence again.

Don't you think you sound just a little paranoid?

x

The US see Mubarak as a ally in the area which is very volatile

Yeah, that's the reason they propped Saddam up for so long!

So in their opinion I guess they want a peaceful Egypt.

The USA want a sterile Egypt, so they'll give Mubarak enough weaponry to clamp down on internal strife, but not enough to threaten Israel with (the US refused to sell Egypt F-15E and AMRAAM missiles after the Israelis protested)

x

Yeah, that's the reason they propped Saddam up for so long!

The USA want a sterile Egypt, so they'll give Mubarak enough weaponry to clamp down on internal strife, but not enough to threaten Israel with (the US refused to sell Egypt F-15E and AMRAAM missiles after the Israelis protested)

x

We all know that Mubarak needs to go. How would you like to see a post Mubarak Egypt? A country with an elected government and a leader who is willing to go on with the peace accord with Israel? Or a country headed by a leader who wants to flex his military muscle and have a third shot at wiping out the Israelis? It doesn't take a military expert to know that Israel. will never attack Egypt unless it's attacked first.

You'd better hope that the region continues to be stable because if it doesn't we are all in a world of hurt not least of all Europe which totally relies on it's oil from the middle east and the stability of it's economy.

We all know that Mubarak needs to go. How would you like to see a post Mubarak Egypt? A country with an elected government and a leader who is willing to go on with the peace accord with Israel? Or a country headed by a leader who wants to flex his military muscle and have a third shot at wiping out the Israelis?

I'd love to see a democratic, peaceful, nuclear-free Middle East, but what if Egyptians elected a new government that, while not openly declaring war on Israel, was openly sympathetic to the Palestinian cause?

How would the USA (as Israel's primary weapons supplier and supporter) be able to reconcile her unfailing support for Israel with her tiring rhetoric of spreading democracy in the Middle East?

Would the USA turn its back on Egypt as she has on Palestine, allowing the Israelis to unilaterally dictate the so-called Middle East 'Peace Process'?

Because when push comes to shove, the USAs relationship with Israel overrides everything else.

It doesn't take a military expert to know that Israel. will never attack Egypt unless it's attacked first.

On the contrary, in the scanario I describe above, I believe Israel would attack if the new Egyptian government even looked at Israel funny.

You'd better hope that the region continues to be stable because if it doesn't we are all in a world of hurt not least of all Europe which totally relies on it's oil from the middle east and the stability of it's economy.

I don't think anybody can describe the current Mid-East situation as stable...

Archived