America rules the world..

yeah i understand that...but in Egypt they have nothing to gain do they.? are they just trying to help.?....and if they are...well, good luck to them
The US put in a lot of time and effort to stop the ceaseless fighting between Egypt and Israel years ago, for no better reason than trying to stabilize the Middle East. It would cost Anwar Sadat his life, but the entente has survived until now. If you think Egypt and Israel should go back to fighting each other, be careful what you wish for. Some of us, including me, were in action during the Suez Crisis of the fifties.

I'd love to see a democratic, peaceful, nuclear-free Middle East, but what if Egyptians elected a new government that, while not openly declaring war on Israel, was openly sympathetic to the Palestinian cause?

How would the USA (as Israel's primary weapons supplier and supporter) be able to reconcile her unfailing support for Israel with her tiring rhetoric of spreading democracy in the Middle East?

Would the USA turn its back on Egypt as she has on Palestine, allowing the Israelis to unilaterally dictate the so-called Middle East 'Peace Process'?

Because when push comes to shove, the USAs relationship with Israel overrides everything else.

On the contrary, in the scanario I describe above, I believe Israel would attack if the new Egyptian government even looked at Israel funny.

I don't think anybody can describe the current Mid-East situation as stable...

Enlarge on your statement "openly sympathetic to the Palestinian cause"

What would that policy entail? Something like Syria's which is also openly sympathetic to the Palestinian cause? Not to mention Iran's led by their leader old Monkey Face and his mad mullahs who have actively supported and armed Hezbollah and Hamas ?

Egypt by the way has also received weapons from the US to the tune of 2 bil dollars annually. Those tanks the army wheeled out were M1 Abrams and the fighter aircraft which were at one time flying over the city were F-15s.

Top quality military hardware

Enlarge on your statement "openly sympathetic to the Palestinian cause"

What would that policy entail? Something like Syria's which is also openly sympathetic to the Palestinian cause? Not to mention Iran's led by their leader old Monkey Face and his mad mullahs who have actively supported and armed Hezbollah and Hamas ?

I'm not taking the extreme view of Iran or Syria, but imagine if the new Egyptian government (let's call them the XYZ party) would only be willing to trade and make peace with Israel if Israel is serious about wanting a lasting peace in the Middle East. This would mean Israel stop building illegal settlements on Palestinian land. Would the USA allow XYZ party to take power, even if the Egyptian people voted them in?

Egypt by the way has also received weapons from the US to the tune of 2 bil dollars annually. Those tanks the army wheeled out were M1 Abrams and the fighter aircraft which were at one time flying over the city were F-15s.

Top quality military hardware

I am aware of this. Please see post #28 :D

edit - my point is that Israel blocks the sale of any weaponry that would Egypt on an equal footing military-wise. As mentioned they'll give Mubarak enough weaponry to clamp down on internal strife, but not enough to threaten Israel with

Archived