America rules the world..

Think I'll miss out on the cyclones and hurricanes thanks. Was in Miami when Andrew came and we evacuted north.

Likewise not sure I am too keen on desserts although wouldn't mind the odd bit of tropical.

i like a dessert now and then after dinner, apple ple of course, but I like ice cream in the desert.:)

Over 50% of USA people don't have a passport which kind of tells you that they seem to think they are in the best place already. Equally "The Military" as they call it has a much higher profile in the USA and it seems to give the Generals the idea that they can rule the country and the world. Don't forget that they part with tens (or is it hundreds) of millions of dollars to Egypt every year so I suppose they are now calling in their favours.

What they also don't understand is that you can't just impose democracy overnight, it takes generations.

They don't just think they are, they know they are.I don't know what percentage of British people have a passport and don't care much. But I think I would need a passport if I lived there, just to get away for a while. Americans can spend their entire travelling lives just vacationing in their own country, and never run out of places to see. The ones with passports mostly use them in the Carribbean or Mexico, instead of Europe.

More than likely America stepped in because Israel ordered them too.

Duh! Back to the classroom :D

I didn't bother to respond to it, Harley

The Israelis are already sharpening the knives over Obama's handling of the Egyptian crisis:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110203/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_us_egypt_protests

"I don't think the Americans understand yet the disaster they have pushed the Middle East into," said lawmaker Binyamin Ben-Eliezer, who until recently was a Cabinet minister and who is a longtime friend of Mubarak. "If there are elections like the Americans want, I wouldn't be surprised if the Muslim Brotherhood didn't win a majority, it would win half of the seats in parliament," he told Army Radio. "It will be a new Middle East, extremist radical Islam."

"Jimmy Carter will go down in American history as 'the president who lost Iran,'" the analyst Aluf Benn wrote in the daily Haaretz this week. "Barack Obama will be remembered as the president who 'lost' Turkey, Lebanon and Egypt, and during whose tenure America's alliances in the Middle East crumbled"

"The Israeli concept is that the U.S. rushed to stab Mubarak in the back," said Eytan Gilboa, an expert on the U.S. at Bar-Ilan University. "As Israel sees it, they could have pressured Mubarak, but not in such an overt way, because the consequence could be a loss of faith in the U.S. by all pro-Western Arab states in the Middle East, and also a loss of faith in Israel," he said.

So what will happen?

Will the USA choose to support democracy in Egypt, even if it means the Muslim Brotherhood come to power or will they support whatever Israel desires, including turning their backs on the wishes if Egyptian public?

x

They don't just think they are, they know they are.I don't know what percentage of British people have a passport and don't care much. But I think I would need a passport if I lived there, just to get away for a while.

that's extremely hypocritical coming from someone who seems to spend approximately half of their posts complaining about people being 'anti american' on this forum.

This is exactly what people dislike about some Americans, the cocktail of arrogance and ignorance and hypocrisy.

America seems to be very involved in the actions that are happening in Egypt...they seem to be putting pressure on the present government to resign...

why are they getting so involved.? we dont see China Russia or any other country getting involved..

I am not a USA knocker, i just wonder why they always get so involved in other peoples business...do they honestly want to help...or do they always have ulterior motives..?

one word 'Israel'

Over 50% of USA people don't have a passport which kind of tells you that they seem to think they are in the best place already. Equally "The Military" as they call it has a much higher profile in the USA and it seems to give the Generals the idea that they can rule the country and the world. Don't forget that they part with tens (or is it hundreds) of millions of dollars to Egypt every year so I suppose they are now calling in their favours.

What they also don't understand is that you can't just impose democracy overnight, it takes generations.

Whats all this crap always about AMericans not having passports :huh: I don't know of anyone that doesen't have a passport, I know of some that have them but don't use them, why should they ?, don't think too many people feel the need to travel outside the US, also why should Americans go spend their money in another country when they can spend it in the US, many people like me keep a passport updated, don't have to have anyone to tell me to use it though.

We have friends that spend 3weeks in Ireland every year, God knows why, they have no family there, you can see the whole of Ireland in a few days :huh: but each his own.

We have friends that spend 3weeks in Ireland every year, God knows why, they have no family there, you can see the whole of Ireland in a few days :huh: but each his own.

Speaking of which, when are you coming to Sheffield to visit me? I said you could move in with me when your Muslim president Obama took over, and I'm still waiting for you... :sad:

x x x

Speaking of which, when are you coming to Sheffield to visit me? I said you could move in with me when your Muslim president Obama took over, and I'm still waiting for you... :sad:

x x x

Someday Jason, I'll surprise you ;)

The Israelis are already sharpening the knives over Obama's handling of the Egyptian crisis:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110203/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_us_egypt_protests

"I don't think the Americans understand yet the disaster they have pushed the Middle East into," said lawmaker Binyamin Ben-Eliezer, who until recently was a Cabinet minister and who is a longtime friend of Mubarak. "If there are elections like the Americans want, I wouldn't be surprised if the Muslim Brotherhood didn't win a majority, it would win half of the seats in parliament," he told Army Radio. "It will be a new Middle East, extremist radical Islam."

"Jimmy Carter will go down in American history as 'the president who lost Iran,'" the analyst Aluf Benn wrote in the daily Haaretz this week. "Barack Obama will be remembered as the president who 'lost' Turkey, Lebanon and Egypt, and during whose tenure America's alliances in the Middle East crumbled"

"The Israeli concept is that the U.S. rushed to stab Mubarak in the back," said Eytan Gilboa, an expert on the U.S. at Bar-Ilan University. "As Israel sees it, they could have pressured Mubarak, but not in such an overt way, because the consequence could be a loss of faith in the U.S. by all pro-Western Arab states in the Middle East, and also a loss of faith in Israel," he said.

So what will happen?

Will the USA choose to support democracy in Egypt, even if it means the Muslim Brotherhood come to power or will they support whatever Israel desires, including turning their backs on the wishes if Egyptian public?

x

I dont think the US will turn it's back on the Egyptian public if the MB come to power. It will more than likely do all it can to co-operate with them but it must be realized that if the MB does gain power then the fate of Egypt rests with them.

There will be nothing gained and everything lost if the MB morph into the kind of government that exists in Syria, namely adopting a hard line, no conciliation policy towards Israel. This will only further encourage Monkey Face, the Iranian leader to further exploit the situation for his own gain and it may well be that eventually he will work to set up a Hamas or Hezbollah faction in Egypt.

The Egyptian army need to be mentioned also. They are a well equipped, well trained disciplined force which is respected by the Egyptian public. It might just be that they might not like the idea of the MB gaining power. I think that the top Egyptian military brass have more concern about the MB gaining power than the Israelis in fact, or at least equally so.

Archived