Where's best in Sheffield for karaoke?

Furness

Hey all,

I live on Commonside, and I'm after a pub that hosts that oh so spectacular sport of karaoke.

Before moving to Sheffield my friends and I used to frequent a pub that had it on two nights a week, and it was fantastic.

Since being at Uni I've attended two karaoke nights in the Uni bars, but it's full of pretentious music students that are far too good.

I'm after somewhere that the locals get blotto and belt out oldies whether they're good or not. That's my favourite thing about karaoke; it makes everyone look like a tit, but no one cares!

Does anyone know of anywhere relatively near to me that does it?

The Freemasons in Hillsborough (behind Rawson Spring) does it, not sure what nights though, think I have done it on a Saturday. I guarentee you there will be no music students in there!

The Grindstone in Crookes-think every other Friday (might be studenty though)

The Crown on London Road-think 2nd and 4th Friday of Month.

Demseys (Gay Bar) in town does Karaoke on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Also Varisty and Reflex have private karaoke booths!

The sportsman on cambridge st has karaoke on thursday & sunday from 8pm (£500 competition later this month)

And "The Hubs" across from the showroom cinema has karaoke on wednesdays from 8pm - no music students, its mainly the ones in the sports clubs - and it probably has the biggest karaoke screen in Sheffield !!!

I run this one, and have over 70,000 tracks...come down, none of them take it too seriously :hihi:

Archived