Holiday to Mexico

Thanks we're looking for abit of both really, we liked the look of the grand princess but it had a fire in November last year so that has put me off a little. The others we haved looked at are H10 ocean Maya and the Rui Tequlia so if anyone has stayed at these, your comments would be grateful

I wouldn't go to Mexico these days if they paid me. There's a ruddy great war going on between the army, police and the drug dealing gangs. The killings are brutal on both sides. People not even connected with drugs are often kidnapped for money also

There's really no part of Mexico that can be counted as safe from what's currently going on.

Hi me and my boyfriend are wanting to go to mexico (playa del carmen) but we cannot decide which hotel is the best to stay at, anyone been? anyone got any suggestions?

Hi...we stayed at the Riu Tequila. We were the last group of people to stay there before a major refit. We thought it was really good and didn't need the refit but eh oh. It's not close to the seafront though, but the walk is nice.

This was about 2 years ago btw now.

If you are doing excursions then Xel ha was good.

I wouldn't go to Mexico these days if they paid me. There's a ruddy great war going on between the army, police and the drug dealing gangs. The killings are brutal on both sides. People not even connected with drugs are often kidnapped for money also

There's really no part of Mexico that can be counted as safe from what's currently going on.

You sure your not on about Eygpt?

You sure your not on about Eygpt?

I live less than three hours drive from the Mexican border. We hear a lot about what's going on down there in tne news.

Ever since the current Mexican president declared war on the drug dealing gangs it's been pretty bloody so far. The worst areas are along the Mexico-Arizona border. But there are still little areas of violence south of that.

It's a pity really as Mexicans are friendly hospitable people and a lot of innocents are getting killed. We used to enjoy the occasional trip to Mexico but no longer go these days.

When in the mood for Mariachi, Tequila and genuine Mexican grub we go to Olvera Street in downtown Los Angeles instead :D

Anyway that's my two penceworth. Hope you have a safe enjoyable trip

Archived