This week I have mostly been.. disgusting!

I have suffered all week from impertigo which has basically meant a very infectious and pussey scab spreading from my lip - I know I know lovely:(

There's been plenty of good natured banter - 'hey aids face' etc etc

Please make me feel better - when was the last time you were at your grossest!

I have suffered all week from impertigo which has basically meant a very infectious and pussey scab spreading from my lip - I know I know lovely:(

Just now.

When I had swine flu the other week and didn't wash my hair for days. :gag: Could barely move so it couldn't be helped.

Thanks shaz that makes me feel slightly better. Hope you are over the swines! You could have got a kind somebody to wash you hair with dry shampoo stuff surely?

Thanks shaz that makes me feel slightly better. Hope you are over the swines! You could have got a kind somebody to wash you hair with dry shampoo stuff surely?

When we had swine flu (in the first outbreak) we couldn't get anybody to go to stand in a queue to collect our medication, so if they won't do that how do you expect them to get close enough to wash someone's hair?

I did try to go and collect it myself but I fainted in the queue and they sent me home- without the pills I'd stood in the queue to collect.

When we had swine flu (in the first outbreak) we couldn't get anybody to go to stand in a queue to collect our medication, so if they won't do that how do you expect them to get close enough to wash someone's hair?

I did try to go and collect it myself but I fainted in the queue and they sent me home- without the pills I'd stood in the queue to collect.

That is awful Medusa.

If I was in that position I would have asked for help on here. There are usually people that will help. I know I would if I could.

Well my OH had it at the same time so he wasn't much help. He did get better a few days before I did and he looked after me. My dad brought us food and medicine, left it on the doorstep, knocked on the door and ran down the corridor lol. :hihi: Can't blame him, it's a horrible thing to experience.

Don't they give you skin medication to put on it?

Oh Gawd, you have my every sympathy.

Many years ago, I had Impetigo - one huge boil, right on the end of my elbow. It had big red lines running from it, leading right up my arm and into my neck. It was agony, and I was worried I had some sort of blood poisoning. We went up to the hospital on the bus, and every bump the bus went over, and every corner it turned, I thought I was dying with the pain.

OUCH!

In the early nineties, for a couple of years, I suffered from a series of facial spots – they were big buggers that lasted a week each. They came one by one but organised themselves by parading around my face clockwise using my mouth as a pivot point. I’d get one on my cheek, then the side of my nose, other side of my nose, other cheek and so on.

One day the merry-go-round changed slightly and I got one in the middle of my chin. I remember thinking “on no”, and sure enough a few week later I got one right in the middle of my nose. Spots are bad anyway, but symmetrical spots are just a joke.

After the millennium, they seemed to clear up on my face but a few years later, found their way somewhere else. Now they parade around my bum using my anus as a centre point. At least they are out of sight.

Archived