40%+ tax if you earn over £15k - The reality of modern Britain.

Your wrong, what about peoples tax free allowance and as for the uni fee's you don't start paying that back untill you are earning over X amount of £'s

Your post makes it out as thou you will be paying 40% on £15K which is totally incorrect.

Your wrong, what about peoples tax free allowance and as for the uni fee's you don't start paying that back untill you are earning over X amount of £'s

Your post makes it out as thou you will be paying 40% on £15K which is totally incorrect.

(On £s earned over this threshold)

Ok. They haven't hit the 50% target yet, but they are getting very close.

The majority of women now go to university.

Both of these statements are actually incorrect. The current percentage is around 36%, which is not close to 50% in my view. The percentage for women is higher, at around 40%, but again just not justify the claim that the majority now go to university.

Ok. They haven't hit the 50% target yet, but they are getting very close.

The majority of women now go to university.

Simple answer to that then, don't go to university. Unfortunately we seem hell bent on creating a society where everyone wants to sit behind a desk talking about how to do a job but nobody wants to go out and do it. Hence why skilled trades people can easily out earn graduates.

Unfortunately the tax system is the same across much of the western world, so unless you are prepared to move to say China, you going to have to cough up.

Both of these statements are actually incorrect. The current percentage is around 36%, which is not close to 50% in my view. The percentage for women is higher, at around 40%, but again just not justify the claim that the majority now go to university.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8596504.stm

Perhaps you are giving the figures for those whom complete it?

There is no way you can add the 9% that is to pay back the University fee's into your sums.

Firstly not everyone goes to Uni plus it's a loan not a tax and a loan your not forced to take.

You may as well add all my monthly repayments together and say i pay 50% " TAX " on my earning. Pointless rant !

Maybe just maybe too many people are going to Uni.

But it gets drilled into so many young people these days to go down the Uni route.

That's why I say it is effectively a tax.

We have apprentice shelf stacker's & litter pickers and degree qualified receptionists & bin men.

PhD for Mc Donalds soon.

Archived