40%+ tax if you earn over £15k - The reality of modern Britain.

51% of young women going to university. Pretty soon they will be having 40% deductions from their wages on every £1 over £15k (21k when its changed - essentially the same amount when you consider the impending inflation). A wage well below the average.

What inflation rate do you think we'll have this year?

I'm interested to find out where you think this 40% inflation will come from.

They are deducted from your wages in the same way taxes such as 'tax' and 'NI' are.

It is for all intents and purposes a tax in all but name.

Well why not claim that someone who is buying a house and is repaying their mortgage is paying that as a tax? Or credit card repayments are a tax?

But that would mean everything you spend is a tax.... So if you spend everything you earn you will be paying 100% tax.

This is terrible.... Well not really but your logic is. Perhaps getting out more would be a good idea.

They are deducted from your wages in the same way taxes such as 'tax' and 'NI' are.

It is for all intents and purposes a tax in all but name.

certain court orders are enforced by deductions from your salary they aren't a tax

all sorts of deductions from pensions to charity contributions are taken from your salary they aren't a tax either

Well why not claim that someone who is buying a house and is repaying their mortgage is paying that as a tax? Or credit card repayments are a tax?

But that would mean everything you spend is a tax.... So if you spend everything you earn you will be paying 100% tax.

This is terrible.... Well not really but your logic is. Perhaps getting out more would be a good idea.

I see what your saying, but the university thing is different. Children are educated and pushed towards getting a degree from an early age by the education sector, it's a state sponsored racket.

I see what your saying, but the university thing is different. Children are educated and pushed towards getting a degree from an early age by the education sector, it's a state sponsored racket.

Aren't people pushed towards getting a house or a car or furniture as well? I think more people have those than go to university. I think this whole thread is a load of made up tripe and you know it, but you haven't got the bottle to admit it.

+ 20% tax (tax) and 11% NI (tax).

In total 40%.

you really need to find a new dealer.

take for example someone on 16,000

they will pay 1,905 in income tax, 1,130.80 in national insurance and, if they have a student loan, then they will pay an additional 90

a grand total of 3125.80 an effective rate of 19.5%

Aren't people pushed towards getting a house or a car or furniture as well? I think more people have those than go to university. I think this whole thread is a load of made up tripe and you know it, but you haven't got the bottle to admit it.

It's clearly not.

The typical woman now is entering university.

She has signed up for SLC 9% deductions over threshold X. NI 11% over threshold Y and tax 20% over threshold Z.

If she lands a £15k job now. She will be receiving deductions of 40% on any £1 earned over £15k. 15k is well below average wage.

Archived