Sharing your bus tickets - Help out your fellow men

Look how dear it is now :o

yeah and look how **** we are :(

oh by the way if your interested ive just remembered.......when i was in sheff the other day i found some old sheff weds programmes in a charity shop (25p each) was about £8's worth, i dint get em tho, i almost did

dunno what years really, the top one i flicked through and was terry yorath

its the chairty shop down chapel walk, upstairs, right hand side, bottom shelf

Im sure the rules in conditions of carriage are that public transport tickets are non-transferable.

Regarding the cheap fares of old though (yes they really did exist!), here's what it says in the back of my 1985 SYPTE timetable book:

Children at 5 and under 16 years:

Adult Fare not exceeding 15p = Child Fare 2p

Adult Fare above 15p = Child Fare 4p

I can remember often getting away with 5p fares on Syt when I was too old around 1989...those were the days!

Sh2006.

yeah and look how **** we are :(

oh by the way if your interested ive just remembered.......when i was in sheff the other day i found some old sheff weds programmes in a charity shop (25p each) was about £8's worth, i dint get em tho, i almost did

dunno what years really, the top one i flicked through and was terry yorath

its the chairty shop down chapel walk, upstairs, right hand side, bottom shelf

I used to collect them all the time, i just buy them when we are away from home now, summat to read to block us losing :hihi:

Im sure the rules are that public transport tickets are generally non-transferable.

Regarding the cheap fares of old though (yes they really did exist!), here's what it says in the back of my 1985 SYPTE timetable book:

Adult Fare not exceeding 15p = Child Fare 2p

Adult Fare above 15p = Child Fare 4p

I can remember often getting away with 5p fares on Syt when I was too old around 1989...those were the days!

Sh2006.

there was a above 15p? 4p fare?

i thought 15 was the maximum? one end of town to the other

Im sure the rules are that public transport tickets are generally non-transferable.

Adult Fare not exceeding 15p = Child Fare 2pAdult Fare above 15p = Child Fare 4p

Sh2006.

:hihi: Those were the days, late 70's in my case. "Two please.":hihi::)

there was a above 15p? 4p fare?

i thought 15 was the maximum? one end of town to the other

if we travelled out of the city boundary, to, say, my auntie's in South Anston, it was 16p for my mother, and 4p each for me and my sister.

It was 7p from the stop outside our house to town, for my mum and 2p for us, but if we walked a hundred yards or so, to the next stop (nearer town) it was 6p.

I remember, up to about 1973/4 (When SYT {?} took over the bus service), I paid a penny bus fare to school.

if we travelled out of the city boundary, to, say, my auntie's in South Anston, it was 16p for my mother, and 4p each for me and my sister.

It was 7p from the stop outside our house to town, for my mum and 2p for us, but if we walked a hundred yards or so, to the next stop (nearer town) it was 6p.

I remember, up to about 1973/4 (When SYT {?} took over the bus service), I paid a penny bus fare to school.

ah yeah somewhere like south anston / dinnington...forgot about those places :P

I have always shared tickets,its like council car parks, always used to leave my ticket on the pay booth, but council got round that by you having to put in your car reg!!!!.If it helps anyone to save money, don't see what it hurts, because lets face it, people who do park, or travel correctly, are usually honest people.

Yeah Jules i used to do that. The council now get paid twice for the same parking space.

Archived