British Gas Energy Smart

Just wondered if anyone has signed up to the new energy smart with British Gas. I rang them the other day as i used to get emails asking me to submit my meter readings and i found this the best way of getting accurate bills instead of estimated as i work its hard to be in when they call to read the meter. They told me this has stopped now but i can have this service back if i sign up to the new energy smart.

When i looked further into this it says i can send my readings by email or sms every month and i will be billed for what i have used that month. I dont know if this is going to work our worse for me as i pay a set amount by direct debit and seem to be paying enough to cover my bills. Just interested if anyone else had thought about changing.

I received some crap through the letter box from them trying to say my bills would be cheaper using energy smart.

Just pay for the gas you use. (they said)

Well....don't I do that anyway?

On average (paying by monthly direct debit) the bill is near enough correct. Some months I'm in credit...others I'm behind a few quid.

The only difference I can see is that I have to read the meter and save them the bother of employing somebody to read it.

Now...if they had offered a discount for the savings they are going to make by me doing the readings for them, I would consider it.

They just want to cut costs without passing on the savings to the customer.

It's all about profits.

So NO!

Come and read the meter.

Archived