A Bit Late, Mr. Cameron !

How would you impose Cameron's "national identity" scheme?

Would you agree Cameron on the one hand condemning extremism and on the other hand propping up the despotic Saudi regime is duplicitous?

trying to bring ethics into politics and in particular foreign policy has never worked. you can try to be mostly ethical but at the end of day some moral flexibility is needed or everything falls apart.

western support for unpleasant regimes around the world was originally driven by a desire to keep the old soviet union under control. Now its driven by the fear that the replacement regime would be less than friendly to the west and there is no real guarantee that the replacement regime would be much better than what it replaced.

trying to bring ethics into politics and in particular foreign policy has never worked. you can try to be mostly ethical but at the end of day some moral flexibility is needed or everything falls apart.

western support for unpleasant regimes around the world was originally driven by a desire to keep the old soviet union under control. Now its driven by the fear that the replacement regime would be less than friendly to the west and there is no real guarantee that the replacement regime would be much better than what it replaced.

I understand real politik.

We, the taxpayer, underwrite the arms trade. It's difficult to see what benefits anyone reaped from the Al Yamamah deal, for instance.

It's also difficult to see how things are better in Iraq or Afghanistan. Afghanistan in particular was a progressive country under Najibullah. American meddling overthrew him and we are living with the bloody consequences now. Cameron supported the exact policies that have led to radicalisation- US troops in Saudi was cited by the 9/11 attackers as a motivating factor, along with British and US support for the war against the Palestinians.

Were I a young, moderate muslim I'd be appalled by Cameron's slander against British muslim people.

tens of millions did not march, maybe he did not ignore them?
Only just over a Million people marched on one day and that should be ignored as not all 58 Million marched, yet twelve people protesting at homecoming parade are held up by the extremists to tar 1.5 Million Muslims of Britain, what's the matter your brain can't handle the maths when it comes to the Muslims?

Were I a young, moderate muslim I'd be appalled by Cameron's slander against British muslim people.

indeed, one thing i wholly agree with is the fact that all this bitching and sniping and blind hatred going on daily against muslims DOESNT help in the slightest, it alienates people, slowly eats away at them, causing distrust and leading to a deep seated hatred which can only manifest itself in people turning to the "dark side"

a self fullfilling prophecy.

imagine being slapped by the same person across the face once maybe twice a day for 5 years.

i think youd get quite angry about it and in the end crack

Only just over a Million people marched on one day and that should be ignored as not all 58 Million marched, yet twelve people protesting at homecoming parade are held up by the extremists to tar 1.5 Million Muslims of Britain, what's the matter your brain can't handle the maths when it comes to the Muslims?

Exactly. I've never met an extremist muslim, the amount of attention these random nutjobs get is completely disproportionate.

There are 1000s upon 1000s of British people living in Spain and Italy - all immigrants.

Virtually none of them even speak the native languages ... should they be forced to integrate and take language classes?

This discussion is a wind-up at best. An insult at worst.

indeed, one thing i wholly agree with is the fact that all this bitching and sniping and blind hatred going on daily against muslims DOESNT help in the slightest, it alienates people, slowly eats away at them, causing distrust and leading to a deep seated hatred which can only manifest itself in people turning to the "dark side"

a self fullfilling prophecy.

imagine being slapped by the same person across the face once maybe twice a day for 5 years.

i think youd get quite angry about it and in the end crack

If I were a young Muslim I'd looking to acquire an AK47 just to take along with me some of the scumbags when they come for me, self fulfilling prophecy indeed.

It's not the Muslims that are against integration it's the hate filled bigots like some posters on here that are the stumbling blocks with their pronouncements of doom against people they don't even know. Point to which Muslim group is advocating such hate against any other people in this society? Reading these pages it's easy to imagine how some Muslims would develop a siege mentality and turn to extremism as a counterbalance away from the people who openly hate them.

Archived