Weather Problems

Ah. So it's not global warming after all.

Actually I'm afraid it totally is. This is conspiracy theory nonsense.

It's a lot more comforting to blame these problems on some mysterious 'they' rather than face up to the fact that we're part of the problem.

People have been experimenting with cloud seeding for decades.

The Soviet Union used to do it, didn't they. I don't think that they had a lot of success.

The ideas in the OPs link are a little more, ahem, "sophisticated".

Actually I'm afraid it totally is. This is conspiracy theory nonsense.

It's a lot more comforting to blame these problems on some mysterious 'they' rather than face up to the fact that we're part of the problem.

If I could just see a convincing temperature graph starting from before the industrial revolution.

I certainly don't beleive the conspiracy theory in the link, but im not sure sure about global warming either.

I think we all accept that ice ages and warm spells are common throughout the history of the planet, I don't really see any proof that the planets warming this time round is any different. I know it borders on conspiracy theory, but I can't help but wonder if governments have jumped on the global warming band wagon due to it's massive potential of green taxes. A government loves nothing more than a tax that no one objects to!!!

If I could just see a convincing temperature graph starting from before the industrial revolution.

Oh so you already clearly have your mind made up on that issue and so your earlier comment "Ah. So it's not global warming after all." was totally disingenuous?

People have been experimenting with cloud seeding for decades.

The Soviet Union used to do it, didn't they. I don't think that they had a lot of success.

The ideas in the OPs link are a little more, ahem, "sophisticated".

The big problem with trying to alter the weather is how powerful it is. A large hurricane (like the one in Australia the other day) uses more than five times the amount of energy than the entire human race can generate.

Oh so you already clearly have your mind made up on that issue and so your earlier comment "Ah. So it's not global warming after all." was totally disingenuous?

Not at all. I don't know what to believe. Wasting non-renewable resources and making everywhere filthy is abhorrent. If the case for global warming were stronger or more effort was put into stopping wasteful and filthy behaviour, we'd get better results.

Maybe the reason why the planet is abused is that the concept of global warming is not believable.

The big problem with trying to alter the weather is how powerful it is. A large hurricane (like the one in Australia the other day) uses more than five times the amount of energy than the entire human race can generate.

you wouldn't try and interfere with a hurricane at that point, you would try to disrupt it earlier in its life cycle, possibly before it reached the point of a tropical depression or just after.

however, hurricanes are one of the physical mechanisms by which heat is distributed around the earth, disrupting that mechanism means that alternative mechanisms would develop which may be far worse.

also diverting large hurricanes to other places while popular with those in line to be hit, is likely to be somewhat less popular with those who are along the new track

Archived