5 things that can promote British culture.

I would say that ironically the best thing about being British is our innate distaste for displays of patriotism and overt nationalism. Our national slogan could be:

'Yes yes, it's great being British- but please don't go on about it...'

For once, I am in absolute agreement with you.

I have an American friend who is insanely jealous of our relative lack of jingoism. It almost makes me proud to not be proud of being British!?!

Some British people play American Football, this does not make it a British sport.

Some British people observe desert appropriate dress codes, this does not make it a British custom.

Fully answered with an appropriate analogy. Now bugger off.

4th time :P

by the way whats the bit ive highlighted???

dress code for eating puddings?

Literacy and articulacy.

English people speak in sentences, proper sentences with sub-clauses.

Elgar's music.

Landseer's lions in Trafalgar Square.

The Yorkshire Dales in May when the daffodils are still out, two months after they've finished in south England.

Monty Python.

I would say that ironically the best thing about being British is our innate distaste for displays of patriotism and overt nationalism. Our national slogan could be:

'Yes yes, it's great being British- but please don't go on about it...'

I agree with you here, this is indeed true.

I always cringe at those "homecoming parades" that our forces have been doing on returning from Afghanistan; most of the actual soldiers don't like it either, its just not our way.

Archived