I hate Sky customer service

They won't. You are in the minority of their customers. Most (myself included) are willing to accept sub-standard customer service because their product is so much better than the competition. It's depressing really.

Yay for capitalism!

I wish you were wrong.

People think that Sky customer service is bad. Just try ringing up the BBC and attempting to tell them that you don't require a BBC TV television licence - such a concept does not register with this organisation. The BBC state on the phone that they truly believe you when you tell them that you don't watch tv - but will still send some men round anyway to check up that you are telling the truth.

They then inform you that the BBC TV Licence fee enforcers must arrive completely unannounced, entirely of a time and date of their choosing. It is against BBC policy to arrange an appointment for snooping on non-customers, it seems.

Give me SKY any day - at least with them I can cancel the service and not be threatened, harassed and bullied into paying for something I don't use.

Worst customer services, in my opinion, has to be tiscali. We once decided to switch to them and six weeks later still were not connected to internet and they had cheek to send me phone bill of which 90% of calls were to Tiscali to try and sort problem. One of there agents actually told me he was trained to deal with people like me. We went back to BT and, needless to say, I refused to pay phone bill and after some quibbling they did eventually write it off

Worst customer services, in my opinion, has to be tiscali. We once decided to switch to them and six weeks later still were not connected to internet and they had cheek to send me phone bill of which 90% of calls were to Tiscali to try and sort problem. One of there agents actually told me he was trained to deal with people like me. We went back to BT and, needless to say, I refused to pay phone bill and after some quibbling they did eventually write it off

Well it took Sky a few weeks to connect my internet and phone line as well so they aren't any better, I also ended up with quite a high mobile phone bill after spending many LONG calls to their 0844 number. The problem is, as flammingjimmy stated, there's not really any good competition, it's like eBay; they can pretty much do as they like because they don't have any serious competition. It's a sad state of affairs really.

People think that Sky customer service is bad. Just try ringing up the BBC and attempting to tell them that you don't require a BBC TV television licence - such a concept does not register with this organisation. The BBC state on the phone that they truly believe you when you tell them that you don't watch tv - but will still send some men round anyway to check up that you are telling the truth.

They then inform you that the BBC TV Licence fee enforcers must arrive completely unannounced, entirely of a time and date of their choosing. It is against BBC policy to arrange an appointment for snooping on non-customers, it seems.

Give me SKY any day - at least with them I can cancel the service and not be threatened, harassed and bullied into paying for something I don't use.

stop whining and buy a tv license

but will you be able to understand the people manning it?

most young people seem to speak in monosyllables

What makes you think that call centres only employ young people? I work at call centre in Sheffield and I will be 60 this year

Archived