MC donalds parking Tankersley

Because the the charge (not fine) are often stupidly unfair, the companies that hand them out are con merchants, and the money is better off in our pockets than theirs.

So you reckon that businesses should have no say in the parking allowed on their premises..?

So you reckon that businesses should have no say in the parking allowed on their premises..?

Well in the case of the OP here I'd say it's rather stupid of the company to be fining their paying customers for use of the car park.

I think its fairly reasonable to spend 2 hours in an cafe. I've done it many times myself reading sunday papers or chatting to friends.

That aside - I have nothing but contempt for the private parking companies and their tatics and would never put money in their pockets.

Well in the case of the OP here I'd say it's rather stupid of the company to be fining their paying customers for use of the car park.

I think its fairly reasonable to spend 2 hours in an cafe. I've done it many times myself reading sunday papers or chatting to friends.

That aside - I have nothing but contempt for the private parking companies and their tatics and would never put money in their pockets.

You didn't really answer my question....should companies have a right to control parking on their premises?

You didn't really answer my question....should companies have a right to control parking on their premises?

Yes, they should.

But I lose all respect for any company who employs thug private parking companies wo use shocking tactics on unsuspecting members of the public.

To the OP - don't pay the charge and take your custom elsewhere.

Yes, they should.

But I lose all respect for any company who employs thug private parking companies wo use shocking tactics on unsuspecting members of the public.

To the OP - don't pay the charge and take your custom elsewhere.

In the OP they would have had to have had their eyes closed to have benn "unsuspecting" :)..How do you reckon companies should go about controlling parking?

In the OP they would have had to have had their eyes closed to have benn "unsuspecting" :)..How do you reckon companies should go about controlling parking?

There's plenty of discussion of PPC's and their behavior here and on other forums - no need to get into it any further here.

You have an opinion that is clearly different to mine.

I for one wouldn't be paying a PPC charge as a matter of principle (that said, I've never received one as I am generally respectful of sensible rules and regulations). I particularly wouldn't pay a fine I'd received in a car park of an establishment of which I was a paying customer, run over or not.

There's plenty of discussion of PPC's and their behavior here and on other forums - no need to get into it any further here.

You have an opinion that is clearly different to mine.

I for one wouldn't be paying a PPC charge as a matter of principle (that said, I've never received one as I am generally respectful of sensible rules and regulations). I particularly wouldn't pay a fine I'd received in a car park of an establishment of which I was a paying customer, run over or not.

My opinion is that if you park for free on someone else's property then you should at least abide by their rules...I can't see how you can make any visit to McD's last for 2 hours if you're just eating/drinking and not using the place as a surrogate office...but there y'go.. :)

Archived