Pall mall closed due to chinese new year celebrations

not sure what your getting at there, this thread was because normally on this forum theres a big downer on other cultures celebrating their cultures (normally when its muslims) but this celebration seemed to have gone below the radar, i think sometimes its deliberate as theres "good" foriegn cultures and "bad" ones obviously.

i never said these celebrations never happen in other cultures or indeed get in the way of everyday living

Why would people in Sheffield be interested or even know in whether a street somewhere else has been closed? Now if they'd closed London Road S2 it might have been different? But you can rest easy knowing that you've brought it to their attention, well done fella.

I noticed that the Lion Dancers and drummers on the One Show the other weren't even ethnic Chinese anyway, does that help? :D

Is it Pall Mall or The Mall that is closed for the CNY. I know The Mall gets closed off to traffic on Sundays anyway.

As said already CNY is not really a religious festival is it, and im sure there is a large Chinese population in London.

Then again there hasn't been too many Chinese nationals blowing themselves up on London's Public Transport has there, maybe thats why it's more accepted than say a Muslim / Islamic festival taking place.

Why would people in Sheffield be interested or even know in whether a street somewhere else has been closed? Now if they'd closed London Road S2 it might have been different? But you can rest easy knowing that you've brought it to their attention, well done fella.

I noticed that the Lion Dancers and drummers on the One Show the other weren't even ethnic Chinese anyway, does that help? :D

well if it was muslims thered normally be uproar about stories NOT even in this country

i didnt post this in the sheffield chat section its in general cos its general chat about things outside of sheffield

Is it Pall Mall or The Mall that is closed for the CNY. I know The Mall gets closed off to traffic on Sundays anyway.

As said already CNY is not really a religious festival is it, and im sure there is a large Chinese population in London.

Then again there hasn't been too many Chinese nationals blowing themselves up on London's Public Transport has there, maybe thats why it's more accepted than say a Muslim / Islamic festival taking place.

1: it was PALL mall that was mentioned on five live at half time in the footy

2: but we're not talking about people blowing themselves up in either culture, people generally slag muslims celeberations off even if theyre innocent people innocently doing their thing

well if it was muslims thered normally be uproar about stories NOT even in this country

i didnt post this in the sheffield chat section its in general cos its general chat about things outside of sheffield

change the record mate, you're getting boring, y'know.

change the record mate, you're getting boring, y'know.

its amazing the amount of despondancy and lack of interest in none muslim foriegn cultural stories.

astounding

this thread highlights it perfectly already

IF it was muslims celebrating a celebration in pall mall (which got closed) the forum would be on fire with blind hatred

Now if it was a Muslim celebration there'd be hell on, they're not just celebrating their own culture but are actually affecting other londoners.

and not a peep on here?

I watched a program this morning hosted by Nicky Campbell about how people treat other culture's. There was one Pratt that showed me what certain Muslims think and his arrogance to wards the way we in the UK live our life, he also said that football stadiums should be used as public punishment centerers.

I don't want any part of of this point of view or indeed this religion.

I feel we are playing with these people with kid gloves so we don't offend.

I have many friends who are Muslims and are part of the wide community and help everyone.

Lets all live together and forget religious divides

I watched a program this morning hosted by Nicky Campbell about how people treat other culture's. There was one Pratt that showed me what certain Muslims think and his arrogance to wards the way we in the UK live our life, he also said that football stadiums should be used as public punishment centerers.

I don't want any part of of this point of view or indeed this religion.

I feel we are playing with these people with kid gloves so we don't offend.

I have many friends who are Muslims and are part of the wide community and help everyone.

Lets all live together and forget religious divides

indeed i agree, BUT theres a lot of people who see the views of the pratt and hate all muslims due to it, thats one view in millions not the view of the majority

Alright then, here's something for Sheffielders to get irate about:

The Police Community Support Officers blocked off part of Matilda Street yesterday in order for the Chinese Community to perform a traditional Lion dance outside the Chinese restaurant and supermarket. :o

Now if it was a muslim celebration thered be hell on, theyre not just celebrating their own culture but are actually affecting other londoners.

and not a peep on here?

Probs because we havent seen any chinese blowing themselves up, holding banners with ''death to demark'' blah blah.

The chinese come here and work while keeping their heads down.

Archived