Pall mall closed due to chinese new year celebrations

Alright then, here's something for Sheffielders to get irate about: The Police Community Support Officers blocked off part of Matilda Street yesterday in order for the Chinese Community to perform a traditional Lion dance outside the Chinese restaurant and supermarket. :o
I know, I was there ... in fact I was part of the Lion* :)

In past years, it's been done outside the Town Hall, and at Highfields. Mel's not interested in the Chinese New Year, he just wants to stir up trouble ont Forum about our Muslim brothers (and sisters). It's been a bit too quiet for him to ride his hobbyhorse, so he's starting it himself, again. :D

*or was i? :cool:

1: it was PALL mall that was mentioned on five live at half time in the footy

2: but we're not talking about people blowing themselves up in either culture, people generally slag muslims celeberations off even if theyre innocent people innocently doing their thing

Yes but the ones that are blowing themselves up are not really doing any favors for the totally innocent Muslims, when it comes to celebrating Islamic festivals in this country. People just see a Muslim suicide bomber and group all Muslims together.

Im sure if we had a few Chinese people blowing themselves up on the London Underground some peoples opinions on closing Pall Mall down for the CNY may well be different.

Yes but the ones that are blowing themselves up are not really doing any favors for the totally innocent Muslims, when it comes to celebrating Islamic festivals in this country. People just see a Muslim suicide bomber and group all Muslims together.

Im sure if we had a few Chinese people blowing themselves up on the London Underground some peoples opinions on closing Pall Mall down for the CNY may well be different.

I worked with alot of chinese people over the years and they're all about work, keeping their heads down and are quite kind.

I've worked with some indians who are really good to get on with, work hard and would go out of their way to help you.

I think the above has given me enough respect for both cultures.

Probs because we havent seen any chinese blowing themselves up, holding banners with ''death to demark'' blah blah.

The chinese come here and work while keeping their heads down.

1: the vast majority of muslims dont either

2: most muslims do too

must try harder

In past years, it's been done outside the Town Hall, and at Highfields. Mel's not interested in the Chinese New Year, he just wants to stir up trouble ont Forum about our Muslim brothers (and sisters). It's been a bit too quiet for him to ride his hobbyhorse, so he's starting it himself, again. :D

this thread was a tool to show the hypocracy and total indifference on the forum.........and it worked.

when people talk about others cultures and integrating and becoming british , what they actually mean is just muslims

the chinese are allowed to follow theyre own customs and celebrations even if they impact on the general population.................muslims dont even have to do that and get roundly slagged off daily

1: the vast majority of muslims dont either

2: most muslims do too

must try harder

Heyyy i'm not saying they don't...but if you think about it, it's kinda true isn't it?

If we read about peace loving muslims then i'm sure most brits would change their minds.

Heyyy i'm not saying they don't...but if you think about it, it's kinda true isn't it?

If we read about peace loving muslims then i'm sure most brits would change their minds.

exactly

people are too idiotic to read between the lines they believe everything they read about muslims as the truth for the whole religion. spindrift was posting similer a while ago about the media consistantly portraying muslims in a bad light and poisoning the minds of the general public, even making up stories to do it.

muslim taxi drivers and bus drivers dont all have bombs strapped to them? mostly theyre family men trying to earn an honest wage like the rest of us, head down, working

So how do you feel about your life being changed by an alien culture, why has it been easy for you to give up British values and take part in a foreign cultural event are you not a patriot?:suspect::hihi: Oh they come here don't integrate take over our streets and do strange dances and even force our young to wear strange foreign costumes and prance about in the street, oh why oh why, what's the world coming to????

exactly

people are too idiotic to read between the lines they believe everything they read about muslims as the truth for the whole religion. spindrift was posting similer a while ago about the media consistantly portraying muslims in a bad light and poisoning the minds of the general public, even making up stories to do it.

muslim taxi drivers and bus drivers dont all have bombs strapped to them? mostly theyre family men trying to earn an honest wage like the rest of us, head down, working

Yeah but these decent muslims have their character shadowed by bloody idiot muslims.

It's like most people think all youths are scum because of the chav youth, u get where i'm coming from?

Yeah but these decent muslims have their character shadowed by bloody idiot muslims.

It's like most people think all youths are scum because of the chav youth, u get where i'm coming from?

Are you suggesting it's beyond most people to differentiate, now that would be an insult to most normal people unless of course they are too thick to realise.:hihi:

Archived