Pall mall closed due to chinese new year celebrations

So neither you nor spindrift have anything to say about not knowing anything at all about Hinduism ... :huh: Such an elementary mistake for two people who purport to be so concerned about different religion persuasions being given equal recognition.

I'm sure traffic has been stopped before in Sheffield for various parades by people celebrating Muslim holy days. There were a couple recently which were posted about asking what it was for. I don't think there was an answer though. One Abbeydale/Sharrow area and the other around Firvale iirc. They also stopped traffic for a RC funeral at Burngreave and an Orangeman Parade in the East End.

And we actually have no idea what people might be posting around the Pall Mall area if they had a forum like this one to post on, do we?

Mel, I'd appreciate being told what sort of public celebrations you think Muslims hold that might attract the same sort of general attention that the Lion Dance does.

it wasnt about which of these two do you like best.

people on here are ALWAYS banging on about being british and living by our lives and celebrating your own cultures is frowned upon..........but only if your muslim, looks like chinese customs and celebrations are allowed.

and the parade is real.............i didnt make it up for this thread lol

We have the Lord Mayors Parade and I remember very well the Whit Sings all over Sheffield. Perhaps when people talk about being British they mean something deeper like the British ethos which many immigrants have adopted like the Jamaicans and the Polish to name only two, while others haven't assimilated our ethos? Just a thought. :)

(The disposition, character, or fundamental values peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.)

Archived