Ideas for children's parties megathread- all discussion in here please

a couple of years ago my young un went to a good party at sam jones fitness it was something like just over an hour of playing sporty games and stuff then they ate there food

shes not really a sporty person but really enjoyed it to be honest dunno how much it costs though but id recomend it

no dont wanna be taking loadsa kids out to eat lol, just wanna have a party and then thats it not be fighting with loadsa kids eating out and stuff. my son would want a lot of kids to come as he has loadsa mates which is why a actual party place would be better

rotherham may be too far for most people to go to be honest, im in s6 and i was lucky people turnes up to pirate ship few years ago cus that was up halifax road lol

How about bowling- Hollywood bowl at definately do parties which include a meal down there. I think the ski village do parties of some sort which include food and various activities and so do the sports centres like Hillsborough.

Don't know where you looked for laser thing but Ski Village on website say their parties last fo two hours and laser tag is an option there.http://www.sheffieldskivillage.co.uk/parties-events/childrens-parties/

my son wanted to do lazer quest for his birthday party only to find out that the actual game only last 20 mins so not much of a party so can people please give me some idea's of where he could have a party and do what etc cause i am really outta ideas

hi my daughter had a party at lazer quest in town the one near argos n the courts last october n it was a fantastic success everyone loved it and the party lasted 2 hours it cost about £10 per person approx...we invited boys n girls n all loved it...you get 3 games of quasar for the money, they played 2 games then ate..u can have a 'pizza party' or cater ureself its cheaper to cater ureself by about a pound each lol but we choose pizza party but u have to bring extra food even so the pizza is like the big asda value range cheese n tomato..we just went heron opposite wilko n bought crisps, biscuits, ready cooked sausage rolls n stuff it worked really well...it would be an idea to maybe get some drinks if u want pepsi n stuff cos all they provide is cordial....i also made a pass the parcel for after the food n the 2 guys that run the place played music n stopped n started it for us n it was a lot of fun..then the kids played another game of quasar n by the end all were knackered n everyone who came enjoyed it...we booked it for my son in december too cos he had so much fun he n his friends all wanted to go there but that was when it was the thick snow so it got cancelled cos the bus wasnt running, everyone was dissapointed...i say go for it, we had a blast n the ages at our party were between 8yrs n 14yrs 16 kids in total..i would do it again, it was best party ive done with them, we had bowling tbh it was boring, and ice skating half the kids mine included really struggled to even stand up, so didnt enjoy so much...i think if ure prepared to take a bit of quick food to boost the dismal pizza provide n maybe make a pass the parcel they should love it..

For a summer birthday you cannot beat being in the garden. Traditional sarnies, jelly and cake on a fancied up tressle table or a hot dog and burger bbq. Wrapped up 'mini prizes' hanging on pegs all along the washing line, cool theme (whatever they are into) or perhaps fancy dress - lots of silly games such as races ( ie. balance the penny on your nose race or heading the balloon down the garden race), treasure hunts with list of clues you have made up to lead them to the next clue and eventually to the 'treasure' (bag of sweets, small toy, comic etc.) Guess what's on the trays game (put loads of gooey, squidgy, squashy things on a tray - cover with a tea towel - then kids are blind folded and have to feel each item guessing what each one is - They all get a laugh trying to pick up blobs of jelly or treacle - blind fold can only be taken off if you get one right. Get granny/auntie/friends to come along and help out and it shouldn't set you back more than £40 tops. My kids used to love these 'do it yourself' parties up to about the age of 10/11. A bit more effort has to be put in but it's well worth it, and you don't have to limit the number who are invited as much so he gets more pressys and a fun afternoon with a garden full of friends and family - bonus! :)