If you had £3000 to spend on a car..

But the image :o

How could you stand to be seen driving around in such a thing?

x

It's not about the image. I came up with the Focus because a lot of people have said it's a reliable car and cheap to maintain and the Golf again because of its reliability but also because I love how they feel to drive, not based purely on looks. :roll:

1) Get a Citroen (sp?) Saxo - £1500?

2) Lower the suspension - £150?

3) Black out the windows - £50?

4) Fit a 200db boombox stereo - £200?

5) Fit a huge rudeboy exhaust that shakes the foundations of nearby buildings - £200?

6) Drive round North Sheffield and pickup a couple of trollops, then take 'em out for fish & chips, a bottle of white lightning and a snog in the back seat - £10?

Total: £2110 (est)

Still got £890 left for insurance and tax, or picking up another couple of birds :thumbsup:

Would you really want anything to do with the sort of "bird" who would get into a pile of crap like that?

With that budget id be looking at an Octavia Tdi, essentaily a bigger golf but you can get a lower mileage/better spec example for the money.

The ad men would have people believe that Skodas are essentially VW/Audi but they are far from it, experienced mechanics I know say they just dont have the same build or feel, that said the Octavia VRS is a nice motor.