If you had £3000 to spend on a car..

Ill sell you my golf for right price, owned 3yrs forum member etc etc

golf vr6 highline edition so is pretty rare, black 3dr, with private plate G6 VRG....Im flying around sheffield city and surrounding areas alot, peeps may have seen it if not heard it :D

124,000 full history...

pics if wanted..

I have a mk2 gti that is coming up in march so Im advertisin on PH and autotrader..

£200+ per year tax, max of 28mpg, a right bugger when it comes to fixing it. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

BUT - that sound..... :love:

£200+ per year tax, max of 28mpg, a right bugger when it comes to fixing it. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

BUT - that sound..... :love:

True, the sound is like no other compared to other cars I could have got for the price I paid. Its a golf on roids!

I've had 33.4mpg before but thats on long runs, suffers when it comes to stop in start. :S lowest reading was 11mpg, but that was when the coil pack was faulty running around on 11mpg wasnt fun :( howver there was a plus side which was unburnt fuel lol BANG! ;) every so offen!

Looked after it every 3000miles its had oil change this and that, I cant fault it..bullet proof...thinking of keeping it and using the mk2 when i get it as a daily!

I bought a Golf Mk5 TDI 105bh 2004 120k miles and the cheapest i could get was £5k. I was driving a 2008 Golf TDI GT 140bh 22k on clock (hire car) and BOTH cars felt the same engine and build wise.

The £2-3k TDI's were on the last legs, rusty and felt loose, but these were Mk4's.

The golf uses less fuel then my old suzuki liana se, that did 40+mpg and end of week putting 10lts a day of fuel in by Friday i had 1/4 a tank left.

The golf putting 10ltrs of diesel a day in , by Friday it's got 3/4 a tank of fuel in.

So now i'm only fueling up for work 3 days a week rather than 5 with using petrol. So £££££' in !

Golf is no contest when it comes to driver comfort, relaxing seats, 10 speaker surround sound system AS STANDARD on the TDI, Huge boot, pulls like a sports car, sits quiet nice on the M1 doing 80mph+ at 60mpg.

Group 6 and £60 for 6months tax !!

whats not to lik about it ?

Bit of a random one, but you didn't happen to have a couple of mk1's years ago, and a black corrado?

No to the mk1's never owned one but my cousin does (white mk1 gti) he also owns a mk2 gti....after seeing his and driving it I fell in love with them and wanted one ever since, but couldnt get the right colour, his spec = J reg runout edition, 3 door, black metalic( in sunlight it is grey/black) lovely colour, he was running 17'' RX BBS wheels which suited the car and I will be using same wheels when I get my hands on the one coming up in march ( runout Jreg etc etc, but the colour im getting is rarer, schwatz blu or black blue, instead of seeing a black/grey colour in sunlight its a black/greeny blue Really nice! oh and its 3door ;)

I had a corrado but it wasnt black, It was really dark blue colour... that was a G60 supercharged model, kicked out around 190bhp really quick id say it would have beaten my VR :S

cheers

Edited by Reilly

Neither, I'd have a Nissan Micra. Easy to maintain, cheap to run and insure and very reliable.
Yep - Mrs hillsbro and I wouldn't be without our Micra. It was 2½ years old when we bought it and we've had 17,000 trouble-free miles since. It's surprisingly roomy - we've carried everything from a chest of drawers to a big load of compost and a 6-foot-foot long bird table..:)

I was in a similar position last year, I had a maximum of £4k to spend but I wanted to get the newest car I could so I was less likely to have to spend any money on things going wrong with it and so I could keep it for as long as possible before I had to buy another one, and I was also looking for one in a low insurance group. I ended up with a petrol Skoda Fabia hatchback (4 years old when I bought it) and I'm REALLY pleased with it. I haven't had to spend any money on it apart from usual wear and tear like new tyres, I get 45-50mpg, it's relatively cheap to insure and it's much bigger than other "small" cars. In fact it's basically a VW Polo, but miles cheaper to buy - I had a Polo as a courtesy car while mine was in for its MOT and it felt exactly the same to drive & was the same size. I know a few other people who have Fabias as well and they're all extremely happy with them.

I bought a Golf Mk5 TDI 105bh 2004 120k miles and the cheapest i could get was £5k. I was driving a 2008 Golf TDI GT 140bh 22k on clock (hire car) and BOTH cars felt the same engine and build wise.

The £2-3k TDI's were on the last legs, rusty and felt loose, but these were Mk4's.

The golf uses less fuel then my old suzuki liana se, that did 40+mpg and end of week putting 10lts a day of fuel in by Friday i had 1/4 a tank left.

The golf putting 10ltrs of diesel a day in , by Friday it's got 3/4 a tank of fuel in.

So now i'm only fueling up for work 3 days a week rather than 5 with using petrol. So £££££' in !

Golf is no contest when it comes to driver comfort, relaxing seats, 10 speaker surround sound system AS STANDARD on the TDI, Huge boot, pulls like a sports car, sits quiet nice on the M1 doing 60mph+ at 60mpg.

Group 6 and £60 for 6months tax !!

whats not to lik about it ?

My bold - corrected for you (:suspect: for Police)