How much money would buy your silence??

I'm asking out of sheer interest as I'm curious whether any of the folk of SF would or could ever be persuaded to not report someone who you caught commiting criminal activity if they offered you money in return for your silence, or maybe even agree to lie under oath or retract a statement, or give them a alibi in return for a tidy sum.

Obviously, there are serious consequences to commiting perjury or withholding evidence so lets pretend that the person attempting to buy your silence has friends in very high places that were pulling a few strings to keep his/her antics quiet.... would you do it? Or would your consicience get the better of you?

Danot, this is by far your most provocative question ever!

I think, no matter how honest and ethical you may be, we all have a price and money can make an awful lot of problems go away.

I'd love to find a scenario that would compel me to swallow my beliefs and keep silent.

Archived