How much money would buy your silence??

Great thinking :hihi:

Personally if it was me I would use fear rather than money. Instead of offering a bribe I would take their driving licence off them and threaten to pay them a visit if they even dream about grassing me up because I'm proper hard I am.

Danot, this is by far your most provocative question ever!

I think, no matter how honest and ethical you may be, we all have a price and money can make an awful lot of problems go away.

I'd love to find a scenario that would compel me to swallow my beliefs and keep silent.

I'll second that Karis, although I'd like to believe that murder, rape, child abuse etc would be beyond the scope of bribery for most people in their scenario(what ever their scenario might be).

OK. I'm in the same boat, BUT what if you were in financial trouble. That money could get you out of a whole lot of trouble...

Been there- it's not the end of the world and I've almost finished sorting out the £33k of debt that my beloved ex-husband conjured up (and my form of sorting it out includes paying back every penny- not taking an IVA or similar).

I've also spent an awfully long period of my life being treated for cancer and spent months believing thought of as terminally ill, so I've already faced the concept of my own death and I don't think that any amount of threats could make me back down.

I think that the only thing that could even potentially stand a chance of gaining my cooperation when I didn't want to give it would be someone applying the menaces to those I love.

I'll second that Karis, although I'd like to believe that murder, rape, child abuse etc would be beyond the scope of bribery for most people in their scenario(what ever their scenario might be).

I guess the numbers would rise significantly if a suitcase full of £50 notes were put in front of them. I'd go further and say those who are unable to be bought would be in the minority.

I might let it go if it was a rapist that was murdered.

Been there- it's not the end of the world and I've almost finished sorting out the £33k of debt that my beloved ex-husband conjured up (and my form of sorting it out includes paying back every penny- not taking an IVA or similar).

I've also spent an awfully long period of my life being treated for cancer and spent months believing thought of as terminally ill, so I've already faced the concept of my own death and I don't think that any amount of threats could make me back down.

I think that the only thing that could even potentially stand a chance of gaining my cooperation when I didn't want to give it would be someone applying the menaces to those I love.

I would imagine that your battle with cancer would have put a clearer perspective on the way you look at life medusa which I credit you for. But would you have held the same attitude when you were beginning to clear the debts your husband left you with? That must have been a long time ago medusa.

I guess the numbers would rise significantly if a suitcase full of £50 notes were put in front of them. I'd go further and say those who are unable to be bought would be in the minority.
I honsetly couldn't take a bribe if it were to cover up a murder, a rape or the abuse of a child. I would say those who could are in the minority.

I would imagine that your battle with cancer would have put a clearer perspective on the way you look at life medusa which I credit you for. But would you have held the same attitude when you were beginning to clear the debts your husband left you with? That must have been a long time ago medusa.

I turned down the proceeds of a smuggling venture which was offered to pay off the debts, even at the time. Things were hairy enough that I made plans for how I'd live if I lost the house, but the plans never included living off the proceeds of crime.

It's taken 11 years to get to the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and be reasonably confident that it's not an oncoming train.

I honsetly couldn't take a bribe if it were to cover up a murder, a rape or the abuse of a child. I would say those who could are in the minority.

It's difficult to answer with "what if". But if you look at reality and the love affair we have with consumption and money it's not to difficult.

How many on here have either screwed or been screwed by their partners? and their the one's we're supposed to love, or been in love with. How many family members have issues where money overrides family values. That's just within the confines of family.

As for rape, murder, child abuse, that's only because it in itself is in a minority...if non existent in most peoples lives. Both our answers are guesswork based on either hope, or human condition.

Spit it out. Who has offered you money, what did they do and what sort of power do they wield should you refuse.

Are you Dr David Kelly's ghost?

Archived