What is The most memorable date You've ever been on?

Back in the early 90s, I took my date out in my very-recently acquired, venerable-but-very-low-mileage Lancia Delta. Of which I was quite proud, having made the eloge of Italian-designed cars and the racing /rallying pedigree of this car.

It was pouring buckets at the time, and the built-in gremlins made themselves known to me for the very first time, on that precise occasion (...of course!)

Whereby: my passenger's electric window proceeded to drop (and I meand 'drop', not wind-down) about 5 minutes after we set off, and would not come back up.

5 minutes later, the wipers stopped half-way through their course, not to resume again.

200 yards later or so, the car stalled at the lights, with the dashboard lights looking like a Xmas tree on speed, at which point the heater proceeded to come on automatically (not having touched the dials or buttons at all, and the car not having any kind of 'automatic' setting), full blast at max heat. The car would not restart for a good 10 minutes, for love, money, or even cussing that would have made a seasoned sailor faint.

Now, other persons might have thought: "Is this car trying to tell me something about my date?" :D

The date, now Mrs L00b for 15 years, still regularly ribs me about "my Delta" (which, undeterred and obstinate like a red donkey, I replaced with another at the time :D).

I was on Santa Monica beach minding my own business when I was whacked on the back of the head by a frisbee. This beautiful young woman wearing a pink bikini came up and started to apologise. That was 38 years ago and still happily married to this day.

I still kid her that she threw the frisbee intentionally to attract my attention but she always claims it was an accident

i agreed to a blind date a couple months after moving to sheffield ( what was i thinking )

the guy turned up to take me out 2 hours late, stoned and stinking like a bin. my mum taught me manners so i continued with the date chatting as polity as i could while he kept trying to touch me telling me all the things he wanted to do and the places he wanted to take me

when we returned to my doorstep and i had made it clear i was going in alone he asked for a second date which i politly declined but he wasnt about to take "i dont feel we click" as a reason so i had to tell him no more forecfully.

then the threats started, you dont know who i am, you dont know what im capable of, you'll see whats gonna happen and be sorry

im still waiting to see whats gonna happen

i agreed to a blind date a couple months after moving to sheffield ( what was i thinking )

the guy turned up to take me out 2 hours late, stoned and stinking like a bin. my mum taught me manners so i continued with the date chatting as polity as i could while he kept trying to touch me telling me all the things he wanted to do and the places he wanted to take me

when we returned to my doorstep and i had made it clear i was going in alone he asked for a second date which i politly declined but he wasnt about to take "i dont feel we click" as a reason so i had to tell him no more forecfully.

then the threats started, you dont know who i am, you dont know what im capable of, you'll see whats gonna happen and be sorry

im still waiting to see whats gonna happen

Sounds like he was a real winner :hihi:

On the way home we fould a place to park up

I'm really hoping that's a typo. ;)

People underestimate the power of the beautiful moments you can have in campers and caravans.

We were in the Peaks for Valentines Day last year in our tourer and were lucky enough to be the only ones there. The fact that there was 2ft of snow outside didn't bother us. We were warm, cosy, and snuggled up with red wine, candles and good music after a great Spag Bol. Fabulous!

went to meet a girl on a blind date in a pub, she turned up late but it was cool and we got on ok, we had a couple of drinks and when we got up to go she collapsed and i had to catch her before she hit the floor, she was legless!

i took her home and opened the door for her at which point she lunged at me mouth open, i ended up laying her down on the sofa locking the door and posting the keys back through the letterbox!

I remember when I was in my teens, I when to the cinema with a girl as a first date. It was a very large cinema and was packed, as it was showing a blockbuster film. Shortly before the end, I got up to go to the loo. when I returned I couldn't find where i was sitting, as I have poor night vision and had decided not to put on my glasses. I also have a poor sense of direction. Anyway, I never managed to find my seat, or the girl, even after the film ended and as everyone shuffled out. I never saw her again, but did hear down the grapevine that she had complained to her friends that i had walked out on her during the film.

I remember when I was in my teens, I when to the cinema with a girl as a first date. It was a very large cinema and was packed, as it was showing a blockbuster film. Shortly before the end, I got up to go to the loo. when I returned I couldn't find where i was sitting, as I have poor night vision and had decided not to put on my glasses. I also have a poor sense of direction. Anyway, I never managed to find my seat, or the girl, even after the film ended and as everyone shuffled out. I never saw her again, but did hear down the grapevine that she had complained to her friends that i had walked out on her during the film.

rofl

It was never meant to be LordC - now look to the future;)

Archived