Whats it feel like to be put to sleep?

Agonising pain why?

Yeh i'm worried i won't wake up but I guess they know what there doing

Try and listen to any conversations when they give the anesthetic, if you hear the words "Weekend, wasted and hangover" from the surgeon, use the recognised emergency signal of closing your eyes.

Last time I had an Op, the staff were really, really nice and very reassuring, I was on the bed thing, they asked me to count down from ten, I don't remember past 7. I then woke up very peacefully some time later, it was all over. I had a little chat with the nice staff who'd been in the ward before the event, had something to eat and soon went home.

Very painless (that came later when the painkillers wore off!), very calm. I can almost look back on it as a good event because it all went to smoothly and fixed my problems, so life just got better and better after that!

:hihi:

depending on what drug they give you ' it can be quite a euphoric feeling when you awake :)something to look foward to:)

Oh really, I'm going to ask for some anti-sickness before because if the unlikley event I take after my dad who's usualy sick after, then I need to be prepared.

Anyone? I'm so scared about this having an op later today

I would ask if the anestheist is going to stay with you through the operation, he's more important in most operations than the surgeon, some will put you to sleep and take off to another patient, some dash from one hospital to another in between operations, you do have the right to instist that he satys with you the whole time, a few times they'll leave a trainee to do the job too :suspect:

I would ask if the anestheist is going to stay with you through the operation, he's more important in most operations than the surgeon, some will put you to sleep and take off to another patient, some dash from one hospital to another in between operations, you do have the right to instist that he satys with you the whole time, a few times they'll leave a trainee to do the job too :suspect:

are you sure about that poppins?

I'm having it done in thornbury so not sure what the protocol is for there

for me it was very strange i was laid there then i remember my eyes feeling heavy then i opened them again it was all over it was a very strange feeling falling asleep in one place but waking up in another, i was home a couple of hours later.

i was very afraid at first too but its really not too bad you will feel a cold sensation in your hand/arm/elbow and you will feel drowsy then the next thing your awake in another place and its all done with.

Archived