Whats it feel like to be put to sleep?

Yeah it's horrible I had that too but it was also extremely hot too which made it worse. It made me throw up too as it's advise not to consume alot of water when you have it

I'm not allowed to drink water now anyways not till after my op and i can guarentee then they will make me wait ages before I can have some water. Im starving now too so god knows what i'll be like when i wake up which could be 7pm

Fortunately, I did not have a tube rammed down my throat. They inserted it via my nose as I was having surgery on my mouth. It felt like I had a bunged up nose for a while after.

I remember the sore throat, I also remember needing a pee every 5 mins as I was hooked up to a massive drip, as it was abdominal surgary they gave me these shaped tubes to pee into while I was lying down.

I just couldn't do it though, I had to stand up to pee, just felt wrong lying in bed and peeing.

Sunblock i have had an op and all i remember was the surgeon talking to me and then nothing,i woke up very groggy but fine,they gave me anti vomit meds before and i had an epidural instead of morphine as a pain killer you will be fine hunny and dont listen to people who think its ok to try to scare you,and no you wont have tubes in when you wake up they removed all mine while i was under xx

Do you wake up with the tubes down your throat?
No, the sore throat that sometimes follows is I believe due to a simple device they insert to stop you swallowing your tongue during the op. I went under in September 2010 for shoulder surgery following a road accident, I went under laughing due to the laid by Spike Milligan type humour being bandied around, like I said the feeling when you do wake is usualy of well being unless the surgery is complex and for a short while you're kept in a controled state.

Trust me we'll be chatting about this in no time.

I remember the sore throat, I also remember needing a pee every 5 mins as I was hooked up to a massive drip, as it was abdominal surgary they gave me these shaped tubes to pee into while I was lying down.

I just couldn't do it though, I had to stand up to pee, just felt wrong lying in bed and peeing.

I didn't need a pee. I woke with something missing :huh: Apart from the operating gown, I was given some paper pants and slippers to wear. These items were present before I was put under, but when I came round, the paper pants were missing :suspect:

Archived