Whats it feel like to be put to sleep?

When I got put under, they put the needle in then the doc said 'you'll feel like you've had a few!' and for a moment I felt like I'd had more than a few! Then I was just gone! So it was like getting monumentally drunk and passing out in the space of about a minute.

Afterwards it took me ages to come round and I felt very sick at first, then just groggy for the following day.

Overall it wasn't too bad, good luck :)

To be honest the weirdest type of surgery is when you are awake. I had a C-section while I was awake and had a spinal. That had to be one of the strangest sensations ever. the surgeons were chatting about what they were doing at the weekend and I was singing along to the radio.

Well guys i'm back home now had to stay in, in the end last night as was in a bit of pain and bleeding a lot. Yes it is very weird all i remember was him putting the pre med in and about 10 secs after that I suddenly went dizzy and said to them i couldn't breathe then I was gone

Well guys i'm back home now had to stay in, in the end last night as was in a bit of pain and bleeding a lot. Yes it is very weird all i remember was him putting the pre med in and about 10 secs after that I suddenly went dizzy and said to them i couldn't breathe then I was gone

Easy peasy!! Glad you survived your first general ;):D

Glad to hear it all went as ok as it could go.

Yes, it's a weird sensation when they "knock you out". The good thing about anaesthetics today is that they act quickly, and wear off fairly quickly.

Glad to hear it all went as ok as it could go.

Yes, it's a weird sensation when they "knock you out". The good thing about anaesthetics today is that they act quickly, and wear off fairly quickly.

Yeh i'm still quite tired today so just got in bed at home. They kept me on oxygen for 6 hours though which I thought was a bit lengthy

I had a minor procedure a bit ago. First the clear liquid went into my arm then the massive milky one..... Felt very cold all up my arm.

I wanted to do a consciousness experiment so as they were putting me out I started singing 'row row row your boat' and apparently I woke up on the ward singing it too. Turns out its not like sleep, it more a pause button for your mind.

Anyhoo, after I woke up my head was clear in half an hour and was home half an hour later.

Overall, an experience I'd recommend

Archived