Sheffield union hospital

thai

Hoping someone can help . Looking to find where the sheffield union hospital used to be Circa 1906. Have looked on picture sheffield but a few pictures come up and im not sure which it is.As the only thing i have to go on is the name in the title.

thanks for looking.

Hi Thai,

Have just checked my sources and the old Fir Vale hospital, later the City General and now the Northern General was also a Poor Law Union Hospital. so you have a choice of two.

Mike.

Thanks Puffin, right or wrong i am now convinced it is the 1 we now know as Northern General. Thanks for your help.

Regards Cath

Hoping someone can help . Looking to find where the sheffield union hospital used to be Circa 1906. Have looked on picture sheffield but a few pictures come up and im not sure which it is.As the only thing i have to go on is the name in the title.

thanks for looking.

The Union workhouse was renamed Nether Edge hostpital where I was born on the 12th. December 1930.

Later in 1941, I attended Nether Edge Grammer school, which used what had been the officers of the Workhouse.

Hi Bill,

I aalso attended Nether Edge Grammar (1950 - 1956) which is the reason for my knowledge of the subject.

Mike

..............then it became Brincliffe Grammar School which closed in 1965. Mr. Hill who had previously been at Nether Edge Grammar became Head with Mr. Spinks as Deputy Head.

Archived