McAfee autorenewal.

We bought McAfee anti virus three years ago. I purchased it on CD for under £30. I found it cumbersome and ineffective . It seemed that it almost took over my computer, so I deleted it. At least I thought that I had!

Last week I was emailed by someone from McAfee stating that they were having problems taking money from one of my debit card accounts. I ignored it as I was busy. Just 3 days ago they sent me an e mail stating that they had successfully removed almost £60 from my account!

Upon further investigation I found that McAfee had sought out a live registered card of mine and had stolen money from my account. They call it autorenewal, I call it theft!

I later discovered that they had stolen almost £50 from my account last year also.

I wondered if anyone had experienced problems with McAfee , so I Googled McAfee autorenewal. There are pages of people who have been scammed in a similar way.

McAfee are thieves.

They aren't thieving. A more accurate description would be "I forgot to cancel the automatic renewal of my subscription, and nobody cares."

And in all likelihood, nobody does.

One of them then! All the other complainants must also be wrong too, including the ones who successfully sued!

If by "them" you mean people with enough sense to watch their finances, then yes.

Autorenewal is not and has never been "fair" business. A small tick box is hidden away somewhere in 28 pages of small print. If you do not tick the box the thieves raid your account and autorenew every subsequent year. I do not have the time to read the smallprint on every transaction that I make. McAfee have been fined for theft already. It is not something new.

i had the same problem with Panda . . i got attatacked by a hacker ,to cut a long story short had to scap my entire system and reinstall. could not get intouch with Panda to cancel my subscription as the so and so's had farmed it out to a german company. it took me 5 months to get a refund . Bcard suggest that if you are having problems with auto renewal send a letter to your credit card company for them to forward on to the merchant involved terminating any renewal of subscription with a copy to your cc company . that way you can go back to your CC company and they have to reclaim the money

We bought McAfee anti virus three years ago. I purchased it on CD for under £30. I found it cumbersome and ineffective . It seemed that it almost took over my computer, so I deleted it. At least I thought that I had!

Last week I was emailed by someone from McAfee stating that they were having problems taking money from one of my debit card accounts. I ignored it as I was busy. Just 3 days ago they sent me an e mail stating that they had successfully removed almost £60 from my account!

Upon further investigation I found that McAfee had sought out a live registered card of mine and had stolen money from my account. They call it autorenewal, I call it theft!

I later discovered that they had stolen almost £50 from my account last year also.

I wondered if anyone had experienced problems with McAfee , so I Googled McAfee autorenewal. There are pages of people who have been scammed in a similar way.

McAfee are thieves.

I had the same done to me two weeks ago, i rung up to be told i hadn't cancelled my auto renewal on the control panel when i log into my mcfee account which i never do. i said i didn't want it so they gave me a refund and the women on the phone said she would turn my auto renewal off.

I think it's a sneaky way of making you renew.

Archived