Currys Customer Service is Apalling

Today I had my new dishwasher delivered, I bought and and paid for it (including express delivery) In store yesterday, I marked the receipt unchecked and waved the delivery driver goodbye.

On checking there was a huge dint in the top of the dishwasher... here is where the fun starts.. I ring the number on the reciept to be told I need to speak to a different department, I was being transferred and got cut off (no biggie) so I ring back to explain again and this time ask for the number before transfer before she puts me through.

I get through to second department who then puts me through to someone else as I again have come through to the wrong place, After checking my details the 3rd department issue me an exchange number which I have to give to the store and they will arrange an exchange, But I have to go to the store because according to customer service helpline they don't have a phone in store for me to talk to someone there..

Hmmmm A huge electrical company selling everything from gaming consoles to kitchen appliances laptops you name it but they're not on the phone... why don't I believe you.

I refuse to go out of my way back to the store so ask to speak to a manager, The manager Emails the store for me and says they might phone you back, So now I'm sat waiting for a "maybe" call back to see if I can arrange to have a dinted dish washer exchanged, I paid express delivery and still haven't got my new dishwasher.

I'm am disappointed that such a huge company conducts services this way.

I'm not blaming anyone for the dint as such but the aftercare is rubbish, I'm thinking of asking them to reimburse th delivery charge as I can't see me getting the replacement anytime soon.

Anybody else had dealings with Currys? Would anyone else ask for some kind of comp or am I over reacting?

Today I had my new dishwasher delivered, I bought and and paid for it (including express delivery) In store yesterday, I marked the receipt unchecked and waved the delivery driver goodbye.

On checking there was a huge dint in the top of the dishwasher... here is where the fun starts.. I ring the number on the reciept to be told I need to speak to a different department, I was being transferred and got cut off (no biggie) so I ring back to explain again and this time ask for the number before transfer before she puts me through.

I get through to second department who then puts me through to someone else as I again have come through to the wrong place, After checking my details the 3rd department issue me an exchange number which I have to give to the store and they will arrange an exchange, But I have to go to the store because according to customer service helpline they don't have a phone in store for me to talk to someone there..

Hmmmm A huge electrical company selling everything from gaming consoles to kitchen appliances laptops you name it but they're not on the phone... why don't I believe you.

I refuse to go out of my way back to the store so ask to speak to a manager, The manager Emails the store for me and says they might phone you back, So now I'm sat waiting for a "maybe" call back to see if I can arrange to have a dinted dish washer exchanged, I paid express delivery and still haven't got my new dishwasher.

I'm am disappointed that such a huge company conducts services this way.

I'm not blaming anyone for the dint as such but the aftercare is rubbish, I'm thinking of asking them to reimburse th delivery charge as I can't see me getting the replacement anytime soon.

Anybody else had dealings with Currys? Would anyone else ask for some kind of comp or am I over reacting?

probobly wont get comp, but mentioning trading standards when complaining might help

Did you sign to say you accept the goods before the driver left and you saw the dint before he left or did you just have the product in a box and he went?

If its the former you will probably have to complain long and hard to get a replacement. If its the latter they should replace it no problem I would have thought

He left it in the box and I ticked a little box that said unchecked, signed it then he left.

still not heard yet, will be sat on top of my phone all day.

You should always check the product before the delivery man leaves, why let him leave before checking it? :confused:

Archived