Currys Customer Service is Apalling

well i was speaking to someone who admitted dropping his mp3 player and it for some strange reason went down the loo. I said we wont be able to do anything. He said its less than a year old, to which I said we will not do anything as it is not broken down mechanically its due to customer mis use, or accidental damage and maybe he could claim from his home insurance, which turns out he hadnt got any. He said he is going to the small claims court. The best of british to him.

I wonder how many customers hace accepted the lie that a faulty item is between the manufacturer and the customer and nothing to do with the shop...isn't that a form of fraud on the shop's part..?

To the Curry's employees posting on here:

No doubt you have some customers that will "try it on" but it's bad, bad, bad customer service to tar every customer with same brush that tries to return a item.

If I a bought an item that turned out to be faulty and was refused/or quibbled over a refund after returning it within a couple of weeks, I would not go back to that chain ever again. End of.

Also pushy sales techniques put people off. A friend was going to buy a laptop in Currys but the sales assistant got so pushy about selling an extended warranty he walked out and bought it in Argos round the corner!! This was after saying "no thanks" three times!

Unfortunately Currys/Dixons and PC World try and insist to the customers that their store policy is the law regardless of the customers legal statutory rights.

I dealt with 4 complaints last year about faulty goods from the above stores. 1 laptop, 1 fridge, 1 TV and another TV on extended warranty damaged in an accident. Each time customers were told nothing could be done and it wasn't the stores responsibility. After writing complaints to head office and quoting the law in each case I managed to get the items replaced.

With regards to the laptop I was told nothing could be done as the laptop had been installed with Linux and that invalidated the guarantee!

I would not advise anyone to buy at these stores as their after sales service is rubbish and never to take out expensive extended warranties.

I wouldn't touch them fake; well, only for very low value trivial items or consumables.

In contrast, amazon.co.uk have excellent customer service and after sales care; they've proven this time and time again; and as a result, I have a high degree of confidence and trust in them (plus, their prices are good).

Maybe Curry's Dixon's and PC World could take a leaf out of the amazon book? I won't hold my breath though.

Today I had my new dishwasher delivered, I bought and and paid for it (including express delivery) In store yesterday, I marked the receipt unchecked and waved the delivery driver goodbye.

On checking there was a huge dint in the top of the dishwasher... here is where the fun starts.. I ring the number on the reciept to be told I need to speak to a different department, I was being transferred and got cut off (no biggie) so I ring back to explain again and this time ask for the number before transfer before she puts me through.

I get through to second department who then puts me through to someone else as I again have come through to the wrong place, After checking my details the 3rd department issue me an exchange number which I have to give to the store and they will arrange an exchange, But I have to go to the store because according to customer service helpline they don't have a phone in store for me to talk to someone there..

Hmmmm A huge electrical company selling everything from gaming consoles to kitchen appliances laptops you name it but they're not on the phone... why don't I believe you.

I refuse to go out of my way back to the store so ask to speak to a manager, The manager Emails the store for me and says they might phone you back, So now I'm sat waiting for a "maybe" call back to see if I can arrange to have a dinted dish washer exchanged, I paid express delivery and still haven't got my new dishwasher.

I'm am disappointed that such a huge company conducts services this way.

I'm not blaming anyone for the dint as such but the aftercare is rubbish, I'm thinking of asking them to reimburse th delivery charge as I can't see me getting the replacement anytime soon.

Anybody else had dealings with Currys? Would anyone else ask for some kind of comp or am I over reacting?

So what is the latest on this topic? Did your dishwasher turn up?

My MILs dishwasher wasnt fixed correctly and pooping myself because the warranty runs out in 2 weeks time. I dont want Currys try to play the 'well its out of warranty card and you have to pay to repair' card and asked what happens if something cant be repaired. I got a vague answer but making sure I stick to my guns so we're not forced to buy a new machine.

I cant even go above their heads to complain as its a Currys own brand product, so Im stuck with them.

My MILs dishwasher wasnt fixed correctly and pooping myself because the warranty runs out in 2 weeks time. I dont want Currys try to play the 'well its out of warranty card and you have to pay to repair' card and asked what happens if something cant be repaired. I got a vague answer but making sure I stick to my guns so we're not forced to buy a new machine.

I cant even go above their heads to complain as its a Currys own brand product, so Im stuck with them.

It's too late now but at least you can learn from your mistake.:)

Go to your local shop (you dont have to go back to the one where you purchased it from) with your receipt and complain. They should be able to assist you. I found them much more helpful than the phone staff and they even said their phone customer service is useless. My BIL worked in their call centre for a few weeks and they HAD to get all customers off the phone/transferred to another dept within 90 seconds.

This is not correct, we have to resolve issue if we can.

Also whenever you speak to someone there get as much information about the person your speaking to - including date and time of call - for your records. I did this and after over 3 hours of calls and they only show me making contact once. :rage:

This is absolutely terrible service. We are supposed to note up all calls - all I can say is sorry for your bad experience and advise to always get name of person you are speaking to. I always offer this even if not requested:love:

Archived