Currys Customer Service is Apalling

You should always check the product before the delivery man leaves, why let him leave before checking it? :confused:

They have the unchecked bit as the drivers often have 80 drops a day and cant just wait around while things are checked. it should be unboxed though.

They have the unchecked bit as the drivers often have 80 drops a day and cant just wait around while things are checked. it should be unboxed though.

How strange, when I had my fridge freezer delivered by Curry's they unpacked it and put it in its place for me at no extra charge.

Go to your local shop (you dont have to go back to the one where you purchased it from) with your receipt and complain. They should be able to assist you. I found them much more helpful than the phone staff and they even said their phone customer service is useless. My BIL worked in their call centre for a few weeks and they HAD to get all customers off the phone/transferred to another dept within 90 seconds.

I learned this the hard way with my MILs dishwasher warranty claim and it being one of their own brands. It took me almost 6 weeks to get a warranty claim made and repaired.

Also whenever you speak to someone there get as much information about the person your speaking to - including date and time of call - for your records. I did this and after over 3 hours of calls and they only show me making contact once. :rage:

How strange, when I had my fridge freezer delivered by Curry's they unpacked it and put it in its place for me at no extra charge.

Did they connect it up though? That's an extra charge and not part of the delivery (ha ha, an extra £35 for plugging it in to the mains supply!)

If you bought one of those big American style freezers that's too big to fit through your front door, they still have to unpack it, dismantle the doors of the fridge, get it in to your kitchen and refit the doors. That's part of the free delivery service.

But maybe they were in a good mood or you were so nice to them that they moved it into place and plugged it in for nowt ;)

x

Did they connect it up though? That's an extra charge and not part of the delivery (ha ha, an extra £35 for plugging it in to the mains supply!)

If you bought one of those big American style freezers that's too big to fit through your front door, they still have to unpack it, dismantle the doors of the fridge, get it in to your kitchen and refit the doors. That's part of the free delivery service.

But maybe they were in a good mood or you were so nice to them that they moved it into place and plugged it in for nowt ;)

x

they weren't in a good mood for m just left it boxed in the middle of my kitchen floor!

I was in Curry's trying to buy a digital camera for a child. The salesman was obviously out of his depth, didn't have a clue about digital camera's or their specifications, but was constantly pushing for me to purchase a camera near the top of the (price) range.

I made my excuses and left.

Today I had my new dishwasher delivered, I bought and and paid for it (including express delivery) In store yesterday, I marked the receipt unchecked and waved the delivery driver goodbye.

On checking there was a huge dint in the top of the dishwasher... here is where the fun starts.. I ring the number on the reciept to be told I need to speak to a different department, I was being transferred and got cut off (no biggie) so I ring back to explain again and this time ask for the number before transfer before she puts me through.

I get through to second department who then puts me through to someone else as I again have come through to the wrong place, After checking my details the 3rd department issue me an exchange number which I have to give to the store and they will arrange an exchange, But I have to go to the store because according to customer service helpline they don't have a phone in store for me to talk to someone there..

Hmmmm A huge electrical company selling everything from gaming consoles to kitchen appliances laptops you name it but they're not on the phone... why don't I believe you.

I refuse to go out of my way back to the store so ask to speak to a manager, The manager Emails the store for me and says they might phone you back, So now I'm sat waiting for a "maybe" call back to see if I can arrange to have a dinted dish washer exchanged, I paid express delivery and still haven't got my new dishwasher.

I'm am disappointed that such a huge company conducts services this way.

I'm not blaming anyone for the dint as such but the aftercare is rubbish, I'm thinking of asking them to reimburse th delivery charge as I can't see me getting the replacement anytime soon.

Anybody else had dealings with Currys? Would anyone else ask for some kind of comp or am I over reacting?

I work for Currys Customer Services. The reason they ask you to go instore with the exchange mumber is incase you want a refund for the product or if you are not happy with that particular make, that they can discuss a different make and model with you. The customer services only have speed dial numbers to use for stores that will not work on a customers phone and even when we use those there is a chance store wont pick up, so thats another reason why customers are advised to return to store, so they can sort the exchange as quickly as possible. They will not refund delivery charge either as they have delivered the item as promised, even though its damaged. By law all Currys have to do is replace the damaged goods

Archived