Currys Customer Service is Apalling

my tv broke down on the 12 jan 2011 so i rang wat ever happens the service i pay £8.99 a month for. anyway they picked my tv up on the 14th jan and 17th got a phone call saying that tv was fixed and it would be returned on the 22nd jan i tuke a day of work i was given a time time 12-4pm it would be droped off no show so at 4.45 i rang up customer services an the person on other end of fone tryed getting hold of driving anyway they said driver gunna ring you with time of delivery no fone call so i rang up again at 8pm to be told the tv is not on the van. so we made another day for it to come friday 28th jan still no tv returned. and ive rang up everyday since to be told they dont no where the tv is. iam waiting for a manager to ring me so i can pick a new tv up from store. currys customer services are a waste of time they dont have clue wat they are doing no wonder they go though employees like i go though hot sunday dinners

Whatever happens deal with warranties not actual repairs that is the Tech Guys, customer services can only try and chase from information given by TTG and as we cannot physically check the depots as we are in call centre in Sheffield and depots are in your local area we can only go on the informaion given, Customer services are not superhuman or telepathic and if we could solve every single scenario every time then we would :love:

This is a completely incorrect and contrary to law.

Ah, you beat me to it ;) Still, the response does give you a good indication of the standard of service you can expect from Curry's.

Hence I wouldn't go near 'em with a barge pole!

I did say certain manufacturers and I deal with them every day, you should try doing this job for a day and see how you get on trying to persuade some manufacturers to give an authorisation for exchange and we have to explain why we can't to customers.:roll:

I did say certain manufacturers and I deal with them every day, you should try doing this job for a day and see how you get on trying to persuade some manufacturers to give an authorisation for exchange and we have to explain why we can't to customers.:roll:

The dixons group stopped selling sony stuff because of this. Not a bad move as sony is over rated, you pay for the name

@denlin.

Just to clarify; the customer's contract is with the retailer; and the onus is on them (not the manufacturer) to put things right if they go wrong. Is that correct?

As I have said in most cases then yes but there are some manufacturers who insist that manufacturers warranty which comes with all goods is dealt with by them directly and retailers cannot exchange goods without their authorisation or we would have to bear brunt of cost and would soon be out of business. Lets assume you owned lets say a Ford dealership and the cars supplied to you by Ford were a bad batch and your customers brought them all back but Ford wouldn't reimburse you because you had refunded your cusomers without checking with them. how long do you think you would be in business? I know thats an exaggeration but can you see what I mean. Of course we have an obligation but it's not all one sided:love:

Yep, I understand what you're saying, thank you denlin.

However, from the customers' perspective; any dealings between the retailer and manufacturer, are no concern of theirs. From the customers' perspective, the onus is surely with the retailer to rectify problems (faulty goods etc).

For the retailer to say to the customer, we're not going to fix or replace it until the manufacturer sends us a new unit etc. That's bound to get a negative response from the customer, and perhaps affect your reputation / business in the long run.

I'm no expert in this field of course; which is why I'm asking for clarification on the legal in's and out's and the retailers' legal obligations to the customer.

Is there an equivalent of distance selling regulations (7 working days thing), for when we buy stuff from physical shops? (tend to buy most stuff online myself)

Thanks,

Yep, I understand what you're saying, thank you denlin.

However, from the customers' perspective; any dealings between the retailer and manufacturer, are no concern of theirs. From the customers' perspective, the onus is surely with the retailer to rectify problems (faulty goods etc).

For the retailer to say to the customer, we're not going to fix or replace it until the manufacturer sends us a new unit etc. That's bound to get a negative response from the customer, and perhaps affect your reputation / business in the long run.

I'm no expert in this field of course; which is why I'm asking for clarification on the legal in's and out's and the retailers' legal obligations to the customer.

Is there an equivalent of distance selling regulations (7 working days thing), for when we buy stuff from physical shops? (tend to buy most stuff online myself)

Thanks,

We are not saying we have to wait for new unit, we are given authorisation code from manufacturer and replace with existing stock or repair as case may be

Let the clocks start ticking ............ Good Luck xx

Yesterday (10th Feb 2011) my tv was delivered to me FINALLY :D. I made sure that they unpacked it, connected it all back up BEFORE I signed A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!!! Now I can send my letter of complaint off to Currys Customer Services department

Yesterday (10th Feb 2011) my tv was delivered to me FINALLY :D. I made sure that they unpacked it, connected it all back up BEFORE I signed A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!!! Now I can send my letter of complaint off to Currys Customer Services department
Lets see the complaint letter. Make it as deeply sarcastic as you possibly can!

Archived