Currys Customer Service is Apalling

As I have said in most cases then yes but there are some manufacturers who insist that manufacturers warranty which comes with all goods is dealt with by them directly and retailers cannot exchange goods without their authorisation or we would have to bear brunt of cost and would soon be out of business. Lets assume you owned lets say a Ford dealership and the cars supplied to you by Ford were a bad batch and your customers brought them all back but Ford wouldn't reimburse you because you had refunded your cusomers without checking with them. how long do you think you would be in business? I know thats an exaggeration but can you see what I mean. Of course we have an obligation but it's not all one sided:love:

As regards cars..what do you think happens with recalls...the customer brings the car back and it is repaired by the garage and paid for by ford...as regards electrical goods the shops dealings with the manufacturer are of no concern to the consumer,they have bought the item from you and therefore their contract is with you..you can't get out of it by saying the manufacturer will only let you deal with it in a certain way..your the fall guy..you shouldn't sell duff stuff..

As regards cars..what do you think happens with recalls...the customer brings the car back and it is repaired by the garage and paid for by ford...as regards electrical goods the shops dealings with the manufacturer are of no concern to the consumer,they have bought the item from you and therefore their contract is with you..you can't get out of it by saying the manufacturer will only let you deal with it in a certain way..your the fall guy..you shouldn't sekk duff stuff..

Thing is though, you only hear about this poor service on here because people like to sensationlise things and get a reaction. Whilst some of these people are unfortunate, mistakes happen, its a fact of life. I work for Currys and have never had to get a repairer out to any of them, touch wood. But i do not need to post that because people wont be bothered about that, only the bad stuff

Thing is though, you only hear about this poor swervice on here because people like to sensationlise things and get a reaction. Whilst some of these people are unfortunate, mistakes happen, its a fact of life. I work for Currys and have never had to get a repairer out to any of them, touch wood. But i do not need to post that because people wont be bothered about that, only the bad stuff

I do think though thats many shops try to mislead customers on what their rights are..their contract is with the shop,not the manufacturer..

Thing is though, you only hear about this poor swervice on here because people like to sensationlise things and get a reaction. Whilst some of these people are unfortunate, mistakes happen, its a fact of life. I work for Currys and have never had to get a repairer out to any of them, touch wood. But i do not need to post that because people wont be bothered about that, only the bad stuff

you only need customer service when something goes wrong! You judge a company on its behaviour when there is a problem.

My dad has had to rescue both me and my step sister with currys because they won't accept their responsibilities when there is a problem with items they have sold. Needless to say none of the family shop there anymore. Amazon all the way, they are great when something goes wrong!

My friend used to work at dixons and she advised us never to purchase anything from that group!

you only need customer service when something goes wrong! You judge a company on its behaviour when there is a problem.

My dad has had to rescue both me and my step sister with currys because they won't accept their responsibilities when there is a problem with items they have sold. Needless to say none of the family shop there anymore. Amazon all the way, they are great when something goes wrong!

My friend used to work at dixons and she advised us never to purchase anything from that group!

That's right,I think we all agree that things break but it's the way the issue is dealt with that people remember.

That's right,I think we all agree that things break but it's the way the issue is dealt with that people remember.

that also depends on the enquiry, because we get people calling us to repair or exchange items they have damaged themselves and cant understand why we cant help them

that also depends on the enquiry, because we get people calling us to repair or exchange items they have damaged themselves and cant understand why we cant help them

that isn't applicable in the cases we are talking about though. Although the staff like to use this one to deny their legal obligations (in my experience). They claimed I must have dropped my camera so they couldn't help me. The people I dealt with disgusted me. There was no visible damage to the camera and I had it a couple of weeks. Why would they assume I had damaged it??? would it be to get out of replacing it? hmmmmm

They don't seem to care that so many of their customers are unhappy!

that isn't applicable in the cases we are talking about though. Although the staff like to use this one to deny their legal obligations (in my experience). They claimed I must have dropped my camera so they couldn't help me. The people I dealt with disgusted me. There was no visible damage to the camera and I had it a couple of weeks. Why would they assume I had damaged it??? would it be to get out of replacing it? hmmmmm

They don't seem to care that so many of their customers are unhappy!

well i was speaking to someone who admitted dropping his mp3 player and it for some strange reason went down the loo. I said we wont be able to do anything. He said its less than a year old, to which I said we will not do anything as it is not broken down mechanically its due to customer mis use, or accidental damage and maybe he could claim from his home insurance, which turns out he hadnt got any. He said he is going to the small claims court. The best of british to him.

well i was speaking to someone who admitted dropping his mp3 player and it for some strange reason went down the loo. I said we wont be able to do anything. He said its less than a year old, to which I said we will not do anything as it is not broken down mechanically its due to customer mis use, or accidental damage and maybe he could claim from his home insurance, which turns out he hadnt got any. He said he is going to the small claims court. The best of british to him.

but that isn't what we are talking about is it. We are talking about faulty items not fraud.

Of course currys first assumption should not be its probably the customers fault but that is what happened in my case.

you have proved me right though, either you are making an unrelated comment or you are implying that maybe I broke the camera. That is the exact attitude people should expect from currys with varying levels of rudeness:hihi:

Amazon say we are very sorry send it back and we will refund or replace it!

Currys say you probably dropped it, we can't help you!

Archived