I miss my sausage.

I miss Ormers. They are only available in the Channel Islands, (and you may only collect them at low Spring tides in months which have an 'r' in the name.) (So when I go to stay with my brother in May, June July or August, I'm SOL.)

I can't buy decent (Licolnshire or Cumbrian) pork sausages in the US or in Germany, but I have good recipes - so I make my own.

I miss crackling! - I can buy very good pork, but it always comes with the skin removed.:rant:

There is a surprising amount of English food available in the US and in Germany. - But often at a price! I saw HP sauce [in the square glass bottles] in a shop today - at about £2.50. Not extortionate, but probably a bit more than it costs in England. I can buy German Beer here (Florida) (Erdinger and Franziskaner Weissbier, which are made just up the road from where I live in Bayern) but instead of 50p a half litre, they cost £1.50.

Meat through the post, i didn't think that would be allowed. :huh:

Shouldn't be a problem. When I was a kid I used to work as a 'relief' postman at Christmas time. We used to get mailbags containing (unwrapped) well-hung pheasants which people had ordered. Sometimes (if they were particularly well-hung) we had to put the pieces in a shopping bag to deliver them. :hihi:

Shouldn't be a problem. When I was a kid I used to work as a 'relief' postman at Christmas time. We used to get mailbags containing (unwrapped) well-hung pheasants which people had ordered. Sometimes (if they were particularly well-hung) we had to put the pieces in a shopping bag to deliver them. :hihi:

You having a laugh.

Tomato sausages :love: you could only fined them up North, my Mom use to say the were just full of bread , but we loved them, i supose they were a bit fake, but they were the best.

As a number of Europeans say: "You British are so lucky! You have such a wonderful range of bread... but why do you call your bread 'Sausages'?

Try the sausages from Todenham Manor Farm. They're available online and the best I've tasted -

http://www.todenhammanorfarm.co.uk/specialoffers.htm

The pork sausages are unique as they're made by a Jewish farmer -

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Jewish-pig-farmer-wins-prizes/article-2403009-detail/article.html

Irayne Paikin, the Jewish pig farmer is featured today (21st Feb) on Radio 4 at 15.45pm in the first part of a short series that the station have made called ‘Against the Grain’. She's interviewed about how she made the change from growing up in North London to Gloucestershire sausage maker extraordinaire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00yqj8p

Cunninghams piccalilli and Hendersons Relish.

Hendersons Relish The best :thumbsup:

Cunninghams piccalilli ,if you had seen what had gone in to it you would not have touched it with a 100Ft barge pole let alone a 10Ft one .

I used to have to go there to do some work for them and I have seen them prepaer it . :gag::gag::gag::gag::gag:

(Den)

Archived