Dentist phobia

Once the injection is over

Injections aren't the problem as they shove a needle into a vein in your arm for sedation. If needles were a problem, then I would be needle phobic, which I'm not.

it's not that unpleasant

It is if you're dental phobic:(.

I've been dental phobic since I was very young (now 44).

I too used to have to go to CC's (I wasn't registered with a dentist) for sedation, until the last time I went and ended up with tiny slivers of broken tooth coming through the gum a few weeks later.

After suffering with (yet another) infection, I eventually managed to register with a dentist (Limbrick Road) that offered sedation (there's only 3 or 4 places that do this in Sheffield). Ended up having a massive amount of work done at Firth Park.

Best move I ever made. Brilliant people, first class work:thumbsup:.

Top post. I live in bloody fear of dentists. Having had a nightmare experience in my early teens. But, you just worried me now. Where in Sheffield can you have sedation, and will they take more clients on? Thanks.

Where in Sheffield can you have sedation, and will they take more clients on? Thanks.

The two NHS surgeries that do sedation (that I know of other than CC's) are at Firth Park and one at Heeley.

If you can register with a dentist (any) then they can refer you to one of these two clinics who will the do an assesment and perform and necessary work.

I registered at Limbrick Road (having used their services - not dental - previously) and it took nearly 18 months from registration through to work completion (due to the need for referral and other checks into your health, then you have to wait for a slot to become available).

Was still a bit "twitchy" in the waiting room and whilst awaiting sedation in "the chair", but that's only to be expected.

I sympathise, I have a massive phobia of dentists. I went to charles clifford and explained how scared I was and they sedated me for work doing.

I went to charles clifford 9 years ago..and havent been to a dentist since... absolutely horrible put me off completely. especially as there was nothing wrong with my teeth just had too many!

The two NHS surgeries that do sedation (that I know of other than CC's) are at Firth Park and one at Heeley.

If you can register with a dentist (any) then they can refer you to one of these two clinics who will the do an assesment and perform and necessary work.

I registered at Limbrick Road (having used their services - not dental - previously) and it took nearly 18 months from registration through to work completion (due to the need for referral and other checks into your health, then you have to wait for a slot to become available).

Was still a bit "twitchy" in the waiting room and whilst awaiting sedation in "the chair", but that's only to be expected.

That's me whacked. Thank you for that. Think I'm going to get tanked up before entering the chair next.

I went to charles clifford 9 years ago..and havent been to a dentist since... absolutely horrible put me off completely. especially as there was nothing wrong with my teeth just had too many!

How many do you have? I just counted mine, but lost count due to Bernard phoning me again.

I was petrified but eventually plucked up courage to go had to have some extractions and although I was a nevous wreck the waiting was much worse than the treatment.Still get really nervous now but really pleased that I have almost conquered my fear

I was petrified but eventually plucked up courage to go had to have some extractions and although I was a nevous wreck the waiting was much worse than the treatment.Still get really nervous now but really pleased that I have almost conquered my fear

Good for you, how many teeth did you have out?

Archived