Flying wheelie bin

GOD ALMIGHTY !!! all i wanted was some ruddy advice !!!!!!!!!! IM NOT suing anyone for anything...GET A LIFE PEOPLE>>> strewth

Oh by the way you idiots who made negative comments....£3000.00 worth of damage, if was your car would you be saying the same ? I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT

Are you on drugs? how can a wheelie bin blown by wind create £3000 of damage?:huh:

all of you that are making negative comments, what would you think if it was your car or property that was damaged, would the boot be on the other foot then, i know i wouldnt be very happy

I'd not be very happy but I wouldn't blame anyone. I would imagine your own insurance covers this type of accident?

If part of a house (slates, guttering) or fence falls due to gales and damages someone's property then it's the householder who is liable but the damages are paid by his insurance company (if insured for third party liabilities). It could be that the bin is regarded as part of the house fixtures so he could be liable for any damage caused by it, even though it's not really his fault, ie the bin left in a safe position and retrieved in time.

As another poster has said, contacting Veolia is the best way.

Do you understand the legal definition of a fixture?

I'm with you on this one funeral.fd!

It is about time that more of us complained to the council about the scurge of these bulky ugly blighters that infest our pavements. These plastic multi coloured monstrosities have wrecked the kerb appeal of my neighborhood considerably. I am in the process of proceeding with litigation with my lawyers against SCC for the devaluation of my property.

I estimate that my £500k home has been devalued by approx £25k due to the shambolic waste collection service. Many days go by where these bins lay unloved on the kerbside due to vodka sponged brained students going away for a couple of weeks or being too idle to return them to a more suitable place.

I have on many occasions nearly been seriously injured by low flying blue bins and boxes on a windy day. I have also had to take emergency evasive action whilst driving the range rover as these plastic out of control death traps fly into the road.

I was so annoyed that last week I sawed up my blue box, put it in the boot and then dumped it on the steps of the town hall. I stongly object to the neighborhood in general being turned from a clean area into a slum like bin city.

Another thing my legal team have advised me to do is deduct money from my council tax for each additional day the recycling collection is delayed and left in the street.

I urge others to follow suit and copy my protest. Do not feel intimidated by these bureaucrats sat in their ivory towers!!

sorry you think a wheelie bin cant cause that amount of damage...but when you think a limousine cost £74,000 to buy new ! i think maybe you may get the picture...

all i wanted was some advice on what the legalality of things was...not to be torn apart by stupid comments like ive had...we as company have to pay an excess everytime we claim in the region of between £500 & £1000 for every claim !!! depending on which vehicle has been damaged !

so we then have to decide do we repair ourselves or claim on insurance ?

Im not on drugs, never have been ! never would...seen too many lives wasted by them :gag:

Thank you to all who gave possitive feedback, its appreciated

Sue the council or veolia.

Your property has been damaged through no fault of your own by an item belonging to somebody else ie: a third party.

If wheelie bins are dangerous when empty in high winds then the design is at fault.

What if an empty bin - god forbid - hit a young child? there would be hell to pay.

Archived