Scottish Tea. What's that all about.

I spotted boxes of Scottish Tea on sale in a Sheffield supermarket yesterday. It looked identical to the boxes used for Yorkshire tea but was named " Scottish Tea"...

Why is it on sale here?

People from Yorkshire buy Yorkshire Tea presumably for the same reason that Scottish people will buy Scottish Tea. Its where the tea is grown, innit. ;)

In reality, its probably the same stuff just marketed differently.

People from Yorkshire buy Yorkshire Tea presumably for the same reason that Scottish people will buy Scottish Tea. Its where the tea is grown, innit. ;)

In reality, its probably the same stuff just marketed differently.

I just find it strange because the makers of Yorkshire Tea claim that it has been blended to suit Yorkshire water. Although that does sound like a load of tosh as the water here is nothing like the water in my home town of Filey.

I just find it strange because the makers of Yorkshire Tea claim that it has been blended to suit Yorkshire water.

It is nevertheless available in Shifnal - where it tastes bleedin' disgusting, since it's blended for soft water and Shifnal has hard water.

I don't know what Scottish water is like.

It is nevertheless available in Shifnal - where it tastes bleedin' disgusting, since it's blended for soft water and Shifnal has hard water.

I don't know what Scottish water is like.

Our tap water here in Ayr comes out cloudy,so we use a purifyer.Strangely though, our kettle is 4 years old,but no limescale build up at all.

I just find it strange because the makers of Yorkshire Tea claim that it has been blended to suit Yorkshire water. Although that does sound like a load of tosh as the water here is nothing like the water in my home town of Filey.

The water here is much softer than it is in Doncaster. Our kettles always got furred up there. In Rotherham it was fairly soft, but this is the best we've had in Yorkshire.

In Dundee, my home town, its pretty soft too. I think its just a marketing ploy, there are people who will buy anything that they think is linked to the place they live or were born in.

Archived