Home security grilles

Hi you good people of Sheffield. I am hoping that someone on here will be able to help me.

My pensioner mum on quite a number of occasions has been burgled when she has left her home unattended. This has now left her afraid to leave the house unattended. So she is virtually house bound. She has loads of bolts and chains on whilst she is in the house but of course when she leaves there's only the actual door lock. Oh! and she does have an alarm fitted but of course we all know that these don't deter burglers these days (and no-one takes any notice of them ringing anyway!).

My sister has been going and staying with mum a couple of days a week so that the house is never unattened and gives mum a chance to get out but unfortunately my sister is currently in hospital so is unable to visit mum.

As the situation has now come to a head I was wondering if there was anyone on SF who provides grilles/shutters for residential houses or could offer advice.

It is a very worrying situation especially with me living so far away from mum and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Lainey x

Do you think I haven't looked!!!

Unfortunately the ones I have tried cannot help or haven't even bothered to respond.

I asked on here as I know that there are SOME people who do like to help. But never mind I tried!

That's all the help I could give. I've never bought any!

I answered your question and you never pointed out you had searched.

I would say, next time I won't bother, but...

I apologise Spooky3 I know you were just trying to help.

To be honest I'm finding it really frustrating that no-one actually seems to do what I am requiring.

I've now tried looking in the ads section but cannot find any suitable companies there either.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here to be honest.

Will have to think of some other way of safeguarding my mums house to allow her to be able to leave the house safe.

This is the right route.

There are many iron mongers in Sheffield who will gladly design and fabricate items to order and then someone would gladly install it! I am surprised no-one does this already though, it's nothing new, we've had ********************* throughout history!

Archived