The Singing Nun

Treatment

In 1997 I spent 3 months on an exchange in Brussels as part of my nurse training. I stayed in an attic room in a very cold and draughty convent but was made welcome. I used to hear the nuns singing matins about 4am. When my french improved I learnt that this was the Convent that Sister Sourire spent much of her life. I felt very priveliged. I believe the record sold millions around the world but I presume she didnt see belgian franc herself.

In 1997 I spent 3 months on an exchange in Brussels as part of my nurse training. I stayed in an attic room in a very cold and draughty convent but was made welcome. I used to hear the nuns singing matins about 4am. When my french improved I learnt that this was the Convent that Sister Sourire spent much of her life. I felt very priveliged. I believe the record sold millions around the world but I presume she didnt see belgian franc herself.

No, according to the wiki article about her, she didn't receive a single Sou, it all went to the convent (she'd taken a vow of poverty) and her manager

Deckers did not gain much from this international fame and her second LP, "Her Joys, Her Songs", did not get much attention and disappeared almost as soon as it was released. Most of her earnings were in fact taken away by Philips, her producer, while the rest would go to the convent.

Archived